Search for content in message boards

St. Louis and Franklin Co. families

St. Louis and Franklin Co. families

Amy Hendircks (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 1999 10:54AM GMT
I am searching for these families from St. Louis:
Koles, Kohlhauff (Kohlauff, Kohlhauf), Wachter,
Mertens, Kutrip(Kutryb), Oswald, Ferner, Schweitzer,
Hartmann, Schaeffer, Schelling, Grieser, and Gildehaus.
The Frnnklin Co. families are: Krull and Gildehaus.
If you have any information on these families I would
love to hear from you. I have some information on all of
these families, so fell free to ask for what I have.
Thanks, Amy Hendricks

Mertens

Therese Ortloff (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 9:49AM GMT
Anna Christina Mertens b.June 16, 1825 in Germany. Daughter of Henry Joseph Mertens and Maria Magdalena Loethen. Emmigrated to the US Feb 15 1837 arriving in New Orleans. The Mertens settled in Westphalia, MO. Members of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Westphalia. I would be interested in any info you think is related to the above individuals. I have a few more details if you are interested.

Mertons

THERESA LYNN Mc CLANAHAN (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 1999 12:06PM GMT
Is it possiable for the ,spelling of the name to of been changed? My family spelled it with a o instead of e . My mother was a Merton. borned in okla. some of the mertons are in washington and california and kansas. If I can help let me know.

Re: St. Louis and Franklin Co. families

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 4:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 5:29AM GMT
Hi Amy, I am looking for a Clemens Krull his d.of b. and date of d. he married Margaretha Schonhoff jan.1867, her 1st husband was Johann Bernard Schonhoff and he passed away they were my husbands ggggrandparents and we would like as much information as possible. We believe they had 1 son and 2 daughters, Henry, Elizabeth and Olivia Schonhoff. Note: Mary Schonhoff married John Krull 1-30-1877, Elizabeth married henry Hilke 1-16-1883 and Henry married Gertrude Unnerstall 1-7-1888 any info. on Mary & Elizabeth would be greatly appreciated. E-mail me at Higgins@sheltonbbs.com Thanks Cathey

Re: St. Louis and Franklin Co. families -Gildehaus

Franklyn G. Prieskop (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2001 7:53AM GMT
Surnames: Gildehaus and Wilken
I have a JOHN GILDEHAUS, his wife MARGARET WILKEN and children MILDRED and ARTHUR GILDEHAUS all from Missouri, near St. Louis. I have very little hard data on this family, except for the wife, where I have quite a lot about her. Looking for more information about all of the others.

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 2:56AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2005 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: MERTENS, HENRY jOHN OR THEODORE W.
I'm also researching Mertens in Missouri. Henry John Mertens, b. 1823 "near Koln [Cologne]" according to a family record, m. Margaret Barbara Smith in Cooper Co, lived in Saline County MO. I found an obit in family records of Theodore W. Mertens, who had a coal and ice company in St. Louis. Wonder if he could be a brother or half-brother of Henry John. What I really need to find is H.J.'s home town in Germany--"near Cologne" is too vague. Do you have any Mertens information that might help? Thanks.

Posted: 7 Mar 2002 8:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2003 8:19AM GMT
Marilyn: My 1st cousin Mary OBERT D.O.B. 10/21/1845 in Quincy married a Peter J. MERTENS 4/20/1893 in St. Louis, MO. Is there any chance you might know something about this line of Mertens' ? I know absolutely nothing and have been unable to find any info. Any help you might be able to render would be most appreciated.

Posted: 7 Mar 2002 11:55PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2005 10:29PM GMT
I don't know of any relation with a Peter Mertens. However, there are several Mertens families in Missouri. Our ancestor, Henry John, went to St. Louis in 1848 for a year when he first arrived because he had connections (family?) there. He then moved to Saline Co. If there is any relationship between our line and the others, we have never been able to find it. I think there may be a link to a Theodore Mertens, who had a coal and ice business in St. Louis and died about 1900, because I found his obit in some family records, but the only family member who might be able to help says he knows nothing about any other members.

Re: St. Louis and Franklin Co. families -Gildehaus

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2002 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Gildehaus & Wilken Families
I have some information regarding the St Louis "Gildehaus" family and the Illinois "Wilken" family. I would be happy to share what I have concerning either family. I also have a little information about the Gildehaus family in Franklin County. I do know of John & Margaret (Wilken) Gildehaus

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: kutryb
i am a member of the KUTRYB (KUTRIP) family in St louis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions