Search for content in message boards

Charles B. Lockwood b. 1829 Mexico

Charles B. Lockwood b. 1829 Mexico

E. Rancier (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lockwood, Brown, Ferris
Charles Brown Lockwood b. 1829 in Mexico, son of Ambrose and Sally Brown Lockwood, was a g-grandson of Rev. Enoch Ferris. Seek descendants for exchange of information.

Re: Charles B. Lockwood b. 1829 Mexico

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 5:13PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2002 1:34AM GMT
I see you are related to the Brown family that I have been searching. What do you know about Sally Brown? She is the daughter of Charles Brown of Owasco, Cayuga Ny. She predeceased her father and her Lockwood children were mentioned in his will of 1860. It named Charles and his brothers , Judson, and Daniel. According to a reply I have on another query, There was another brother named Clark.
This is apparently in a book called THe Descendants of Robert Lockwood by F. Holden and E. Dunbar Lockwood of Pa. 1889. I have not seen the text.
I am trying to find Brown family descendants. Could you fill me in on dates and places and a few data on the family of Charles Lockwood? The family was mewntioned in US Browns , a pamphlet that is found in large library collections. It lists who begat who but no dates or places. Several Brown researchers are trying to put cousins together from that book. We are trading photos and what we know. We would be most anxious to have you as an ally.
Diane Titus

E. Rancier (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Lockwood Brown Ferris
Thank you for your response to my query. But I am a Ferris researcher. The only Lockwood data I have came from someone else called Susan whom I suspect you may already know. Your description of what you have sounds just like the data I received. I cannot see that I have anything new to you. I have nothing at all on the BRowns. Wish I could help. If you are not in touch with Susan, please contact direct for the E mail address. She has really researched her Lockwoods. Good luck on your work.

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 10:30PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2002 1:34AM GMT
Thjank you for your prompt reply. I was hoping but that is what queries are all about. Good luck and I will keep trying.
Diane Titus

Posted: 2 Jul 2002 3:03AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2002 3:22PM GMT
Do you have any info an a man named Calvin Ferris? He married Susan Rogers ca 1825. Her family lived in Colosse, NY and sometime after she married Calvin they moved to Michigan. I have found them in Hillsdale Co., Mi in 1850. Barb E

Posted: 2 Jul 2002 5:38AM GMT
Surnames: rogers Ferris
Haven't much to help, but folks in Hillsdale MI are not yours. Wife is Lucy somebody. There is another searcher who is on your line. Try Margaret Rogers <gandmrogers@alltel.net>

Posted: 2 Jul 2002 12:23PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2002 3:22PM GMT
Esther, thanks for the reply. Calvin Ferris of Hillsdale County, Mi married Lucy H. Flynn in 1855 as his second wife. He was first married to Susan Rogers in NY. He and Susan had several children including Orlando, Elmore, Elbert, Ellen and Phila. Do you have any info on Calvin`s family? Barb E

Marilyn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2005 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Christian, Lockwood
Hello E. Rancier,

This is what I have on Charles Brown Lockwood, his parents are Ambrose K. Lockwood & Sally Brown (she d/o Charles Brown & Ann Christian), Ambrose Lockwood is the son of James Lockwood & Marilda Ferris, she the d/o Rev. Enoch Ferris & Rebecca Reynolds. I am looking for the grandparents of Sally Brown, parents of her father Charles Brown who was born 1774 in "Conn" and died April 13, 1861 in Owasco, Cayuga County, NY. I assume Sally & Ambrose attended the church of Rev. Enoch Ferris, his grandfather.

Sally Brown., m. Ambrose K. Lockwood in Mexico, Oswego Co., NY, she died about 1833 they had 4 sosn, unknown where Sally (Brown) Lockwood died, Ohio or NY:

1. Daniel b. 1827
2. Charles Brown Lockwood b. 01 May 1829 in Mexico, NY m. Julia Hathaway 04 March 1856 in Cleveland, OH & had:
Milo b. 07 April 1858, then Charles Brown Lockwood m. Azora VARNEY who was born on 3 Nov 1841 in Brecksville, Oh. She died on 24 Aug 1884 in Cleveland, Ohio. Azora married Charles Brown LOCKWOOD on 29 Sep 1864 in Newburgh, Ohio.

Charles was born on 1 May 1829 in Mexico, NY. He died on 20 Aug 1918 in Cleveland, Ohio. http://www.alden.org/aldengen/pafg448.htm

3. Judson A. b. 1831
4. Clark I. B. 1832

(This family was in Mexico, Oswego Co., NY in 1829.)
Abstracted from The Descendants of Robert Lockwood, by F. Holden and E. Dunbar Lockwood, PA 1889:

Ambrose 7 LOCKWOOD (James 6, Jeremiah 5, Hezekiah 4, Gersham 3, Jonathan 2, Robert 1 LOCKWOOD) was born 12/09/1789 in Lebanon, NY. He married Sally BROWN

Children of Ambrose LOCKWOOD and Sally BROWN are:
i. Daniel 8 LOCKWOOD
ii. Charles Brown LOCKWOOD, b. 1829, Mexico, Oswego Co., NY
iii. Judson LOCKWOOD
iv. Clark LOCKWOOD

Sincerely,
Marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic