Search for content in message boards

Leamon Lark Hanchey, Sr. death notice/obit

Leamon Lark Hanchey, Sr. death notice/obit

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 2:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Leamon Lark Hanchey, Sr. is buried in Bethany World Prayer Center Cemetery in Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Luoisiana. Died June 3, 1996..Do you think if I wrote to the cemetery office that they would be able to furnish me with more information or a copy of his death notice/obit?

What newspaper covered Baton Rouge, La. at that time? Which public library there might have old newspapers on microfische or would there be a genealogical society that might have clipped his obit for their files? Louisiana is one of the states that I can say I've never been to. I live in Maryland so I have to do all the research via mail or through Ancestry.com.

Re: Leamon Lark Hanchey, Sr. death notice/obit

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 4:01PM GMT
HI:
**Try the Baton Rouge Advocate archives to find an obit. The newspaper is online.
** Also the Louisiana State Archives website may have the death certificate.
** Try familysearch.org, it may have obits or death certificates that recent.
** Put the person's name in google.com and search for it, the obit may be online by his name.
Hope this helps.
kberry

Re: Leamon Lark Hanchey, Sr. death notice/obit

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 7:20PM GMT
I emailed the East Baton Rouge library and they went on newsbank.com and sent the obit via email to me. Sure wished our library had that service. I think I'm going to ask again, maybe the person I spoke to over the telephone was not aware the library subscribed to it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic