Search for content in message boards

1880 Manchester city directory and census

1880 Manchester city directory and census

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Page/Manchester city
I have been trying to find out what district would cover River Rd. South in the 1880 Manchester city census. I have been searching individual censuses browsing each one trying to find River Rd. South looking for my great great grandfather Joel Page. He is in the Manchester city directory in 1870 through 1880 living on River Road South. I can't find him in the Manchester census at all. I need to know what ward to look in. I have covered so far Ward 6 which did say River Rd. and Bakersville. I hope someone knows.

Juni

Re: 1880 Manchester city directory and census

Posted: 20 Nov 2011 9:41PM GMT
South River rd.-most of the road is Bedford, NH. it starts right on border of Manchester and Bedford, NH...1877 directories says he is a real estate agent still at River Rd. South Is his wifes name Rachel? There is a tree on ancestry that as photos and maybe more info for you to follow

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Page
Thank you for your information about where River Rd South is. Will check out Bedford censuses now one by one for 1870 and 1880. The pictures on my Page line actually came from a 3rd cousin and I do have them in my family tree but thanks anyway for the heads up.

Yes Rachel Fling Page was Joel's wife. She died in 1869. They were my great great grandparents.

Thanks again.

Juni

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Page
Well I searched every page in the 1880 Bedford census and didn't find my Joel Page. :(
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions