Search for content in message boards

WILLIAMS, ''Hank'' Hiram

WILLIAMS, ''Hank'' Hiram

Posted: 3 Dec 1999 11:45AM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2002 3:22PM GMT
I am trying to connect 'Hank' Williams, (the famous country singer), with my Williams ancestors. This is all the infoe I have so far.

Hiram 'Hank' Williams, born Sept. 17, 1923, died Jan. 1, 1953, married 1st Audrey Mae Sheppard Guy on Dec. 15, 1944.

Hank's father- Elonzo Huble 'Lonnie' Williams, born Dec. 22,1891, died Oct. 22, 1970, married Jessie Lillian Skipper on Nov. 12, 1916.

Hank' grandfather- Irvin Williams, born Dec. 1847, died Sept. 9, 1909, married Martha Ann Autry on Jan. 30, 1869.

Hank's great-grandfather- Elijah Williams, married Rachel Spinks.

If anyone can help me out by giving me more infoe on this, it would be greatly appreciated.
THANK YOU!

Beth Allen
Please E-Mail me at: allenj@nehp.net

Williams

Bonnie Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2001 1:19AM GMT
Beth,
My husband was also kin to Hank Williams, Jr.
Ed's Mother was the daughter of the brother of Hank Williams, Sr.. Her Father's name was James Edward Williams. Her Mother's name was Fanny Lee Ghosa Williams. Ed's Mother's name was Emma Jane Williams born Monroe County, Mississippi, April 17, 1916. Married Lloyd Pope Roberts February 16, 1935, Lepanto,Ark. I know Hank, Jr. was at several of the Williams Reunions and picked on the guitar and sang some. I'm trying to dig up other info but haven't so far, trying to work on too many sur names at once I think. LOL.

Ed's Mom died in 1995, but this info she told us in the years before her death. I do not have a whole lot on his family but want to try and get more to put in my family history book I am building for my Grandkids. My husband died in May 1996 so now it is up to me to get the info and his family that is left doesn't seem to know that much either. I'm hoping I can find more info before all of his sisters and brothers are no longer here.

I would appreciate you sharing any info you have and I will gladly share with you. If you think info on Lloyd's family will help you let me know and I will send you what little I have on him. I do know that Ed's Mom talked about one of the Grandparents was a full blooded Indian and one was born in a cave. I have pictures of his Grandfathers, but not sure which is which and am still trying to clarify them. Ed found these pictures right before he died and I can't be sure what his shorthand notes mean, but I know they are of his Grandparents.

I don't have a scanner but I could mail you copies by snail mail if you want to send me an address to send them to.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Roberts
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions