Search for content in message boards

John Chafer

John Chafer

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Apr 2013 9:01AM GMT
Surnames: CHAFER,PILSWORTH
My name is Sharon Chafer Nelson. I live in Canada. I am trying to locate members of the family of Jack or John Chafer. He went to Australia from Epworth England. His parents were Alfred Arthur Chafer and Ellen Pilsworth from "The Turbury" in Epworth. He is the youngest son born in 1914?. His oldest brother was my Grandfather Arthur Chafer. Arthur brought his family to Canada in 1927. I am hoping to touch base with the Australian side. I can be reached by Ancestry or by email at sanelson47@shaw.ca. Hope someone out there can shed some light. Thanks

Re: John Chafer

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 10:18AM GMT

WW2 enlistment VX30820 for John CHAFER b. 1 Jan 1904 England, married, labourer, enlisted Horsham, Victoria, May 1940.
NOK wife Lela Chafer 22 Shank St Warracknabeal, Victoria.

John died as POW, 7 Nov 1944, Dysentery, Amboin.

In 1954 Salvation Army handling enquiry by brother, on behalf of elderly parents, wanting to know about John "missing in action". Have not heard of him 20 years.

And described as born Jan 1905 Whitgift, Goole, Yorkshire.

Re: John Chafer

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 12:49AM GMT
Hiya,
Johns birth was registered in Thorne, England 1914.
There is a marriage for a John CHAFER registered Thorne England March 1938 to Maud E MILLET.

Births to the above range from 1938 in Thorne to 1949 in Scunthorpe.
The above John died in England
Name: John Chafer
Birth Date: 8 Feb 1914
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1975
Age at Death: 61
Registration district: Scunthorpe

How sure are you that John came to Australia?
I think one or more of the children to the above John may have.

Kellie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions