Search for content in message boards

Lucinda (Snyder) Nitcher- Marshall Co. Indiana

Lucinda (Snyder) Nitcher- Marshall Co. Indiana

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 5:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me where Lucinda, daughter of Adam and Anna (Sparks) Snyder and wife of George Nitcher is buried?

Re: Lucinda (Snyder) Nitcher- Marshall Co. Indiana

Nancy Justiss (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2005 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Nitcher-King, Knapp-Stowell, Sparks-Snyder
George & Lucinda are my g.g.grandparents. The information I have only states that they are buried in Indiana. Unfortunately I don't know of any exact location of interment. All I know for sure is that they were married in Marshall lCo, Indiana, & lived there for some years. Let me know if I can be of further help.
Nancy

Posted: 7 Jul 2005 8:11AM GMT
I think Lucinda is buried either in Tyner or nearby. George remarried and moved to Kansas, I believe he is buried there.
Their daughter Mary Nitcher Stuart was my grandmother's grandmother. Mary's daughter Addie married Jacob Bradley from Tyner and I was at the cemetery looking for Bradley's and didn't even think to look for Nitchers. I'm going to try to get back there this summer.
Thanks for your reply. Which of Mary's siblings is your line?

Posted: 7 Jul 2005 8:28AM GMT
I need to correct an error in my last post. Addie Stuart married James Bradley son of Jacob.

Nancy Justiss (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2005 12:12PM GMT
Surnames: Nitcher-King, Knapp-Stowell, Sparks-Snyder
Thank you for letting me know where Lucinda is buried. I have Stuart's in my books, though I seem to have a different connection for them. My grandmother, Martha Nitcher-King & her daughter, Florence compiled family data sometime before it was passed on to me in 1979. Most of the info was scribbled on scraps of paper w/ a few typed peices & only a couple of full pages of info. All of which was stuffed into a lg. envelope when I received it. Took me about 6 mo's to sort through everything & put it in some sort of order. I've found, however, that I misplaced relatives before & may have done so again with the Stuart's. The children I have for George & Lucinda are: Anna, Mary (yours ?), John, George Jr, Lucinda Eleanor, Simon, Clarissa Frances, Solomon, Thomas Adam (my g.granddad) & Emiline. The Stuart's I have I thought were connected to George Jr. & Mary C. Brown-Nitcher, through their daughter, Martha B. I found a Mary Nitcher (whom I thought was Martha B.) m. 5 Apr 1866 to John L. Stewart in Marshall Co, IN. I have Sadie, Addie, Clara, Rosa & Gertrude as the children. The only clue to the next generation is a notation on the back of a photo that indicates Sadie's married name as Diment. Spelling may be off as the notation was in pencil & very faded. I have a couple of pictures of Gertrude & a group one of the 5 girls, spouces & children w/ Mary Stuart. Let me know if any of this co-incides with your data as I may need to change my Stuart link. You can write me at the yahoo address or our main one at jpjustiss2@alltel.net. Thanks again, Nancy Justiss

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 7:10AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2006 4:59AM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Nitcher,Linderman
I was curious if anyone here is familiar with the Bina Nitcher Lula Hall union and might be able to offer some details. Lula was the twin sister of my gg grandmother Lola Hall whom married Asher Linderman...

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: NITCHER, HALL
Brett--

You fortunately have the HALL side of the family information, as I have been unable to trace them. I have been researching the entire NITCHER family throughout the United States for some years.

My great-grandfather was William Nitcher, b. 1847 in Marshall Co., and we are related, somewhat in a convoluted fashion.

Zebina "Bina" Bishop Nitcher was b. 1 Mar 1898, and died May 1980 in Plymouth, Marshall Co., Indiana. He married Lulu Hall (9 Oct 1902-Oct 1976) about 1919 in Marshall Co., so both were very young.

Children were (some may still be living): Jeanette (Dec 1919); Martha (1922); George R. (1923); Betty J. (abt. 1925); Goldie J. (abt. 1926); and Virginia R. (Jan 1930). This from the 1930 census, so there may be more children than I can discover.

Zebina Bishop Nitcher had a sister Emma, b. 26 Jan 1906.

Their parents were George A. Nitcher and Almira COLE. Almira's parents were Daniel S. Cole (14 Dec 1837 Pennsylvania-5 July 1918) and Adeline WHALEY (13 Oct 1849 Courtland Co., NY-19 May 1911 Indiana). Almira was one of 13 children, and they resided in Walnut Twp., Marshall Co.

The Nitchers came to Indiana as early pioneers from New York and New England, originally. The descended from some ship captains and seafarers, and afdter a brief sojourn in Ohio, came to Marshall County.

George A. Nitcher was the son of John Nitcher, b. 1849 IN, and Mary BARNHART (b. abt. 1848 Marshall Co).

John Nitcher was a son of George Archer Nitcher and Lucinda Snyder, the people figured in this thread. George Archer Nitcher was the son of John (Thomas) Nitcher, b. abt. 1774 Rhode Island, and Frances "Fanny" ARCHER (b. 1774 New York). There is some online documentation for the colonial Archer family, but almost none for the Nitchers. Most of my research is piggy-backed from the family tree research of Lynn Chandler Norton, who is now nearly 100 years old, from an Idaho pioneer frontier family, and is still living. I have posted your Zebina "Bina" Nitcher family at World Connect/Ancestry World trees.
I'd love to correspond with you about your family and especially about the HALLS, who remain a mystery for me.
Cheers, Bob Robertson

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 6:28AM GMT
Please contact me via email at bhardest1@aol.com.

Lulu Hall and Lola Hall were twin sisters I didnt know if you were aware> Talk to you via email!

Posted: 6 Jun 2007 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: NITCHER HILL
HELLO MY NAME IS JESSICA NITCHER AND MY GG PARENT ARE BINA AND LULA IVE BEEN DOING SOME RESERCH ON MY FAMILY HISTORY MY GRANDFATHER IS GEORGE R NITCHER WITCH IS HIS MOM AND DAD I CAN TELL U A VERY LITTLE ABOUT YHE GG PARENTS BUT IF U WOULD LIKE TO KNOW LET ME NO AND IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT BINA AND LULA I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW
THANK YOU
JESSICA NITCHER

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 1:21PM GMT
hello my name is jessica nitcher im replying to ur message i have just started researching my grandfather history hes father was bina nitcher if you have any more info on this i would love to talk with you thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic