Search for content in message boards

Elijah Busby SC>AL>Marshall County, MS

Elijah Busby SC>AL>Marshall County, MS

Posted: 18 Jan 2002 4:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2005 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Busby/Buzby/Busbee
I am looking for any connection to my ELIJAH BUSBY born 1815-1820 in SC. Some of his children in later census' listed him as being from Alabama so I feel that he must have been there in his earlier years. He married Susan Ellis in MARSHALL COUNTY, MS in 1859 and had the following children in Marshall County:

L. M. Busby (male) b. abt. 1861
Henrietta E. Busby b. abt 1862, married Jeff Forrester
Elijah (Jack) Sumter Busby b. abt 1864, never married
Benjamin Franklin Busby b. abt 1866, married Della Aiken?
Mathew Newton Busby b. 2/22/1868, married Maggie Lou Noe
S. I. Busby (female) b abt 2/1870
Mary Jane Busby b. 7/24, married Walter Macklin Jowers
H. H. Busby (male) b. abt 1874
Annie B. Busby b 11/8/1875, married George Thompson
L. H. Busby (male) b. abt 1878

Most, if not all, later moved to Memphis, TN. The only known connection that I have made is to LAWRENCE P. BUSBY who was a cousin and he was listed as being born in Louisiana, his parents (unknown) born in Alabama. He had sons named:

Lawrence P. Busby
Allison Busby and
Richard C. Busby. They were all listed in the census in Memphis.

I think, but can not prove, that my Elijah was the son of Elijah Busby who died in Madison County, AL in 1843. There are some name similarities from that family.

Does anyone have any info on these Busby's or any other Busby's from MARSHALL COUNTY, MS? I have been stuck for so long! Thanks for any help.

Tina

Re: Elijah Busby SC>AL>Marshall County, MS

k. weir (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2002 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Jowers, Nunery, Mitchell, Pyles, Phillips
do you know anything about a J.S. Busby that married Cora Jowers on Sept 14, 1886 in Marshall Co., Ms?
lonnie

k. weir (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2002 10:30PM GMT
correction do you know anything about Mary Busby that married Walter Jowers on Dec. 27, 1893 in Marshall Co., Ms.

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 5:59PM GMT
Surnames: Busby
My grandfather was a Busby and his family was from Coldwater, MS (Tate County). I have very limited information but would be interested on any links between the families as I have just started look at family history.

Posted: 14 Aug 2002 1:59AM GMT
My maiden name is Busby.I have come to a stand still.My father was George Busby from around Attala and Winston counties.He had a brother John that lived in Clarksdale,Ms and died in the 50's,another brother William Busby that never married and is also deceased,two sisters,one named Lucy Busby,she married Roscoe Pilgrim,Elsie that married Albert Lee.My father George was born in 1909 and died Dec31,1984.I am trying to find any information on my grandfather.His name was Charles Busby,he died when my father was very young.My grandfather was married to Maggie Deese from Alabama.From what I can gather,my family was from the Carolinas,moved to Ga,then to Alabama,and on into Ms.If anyone has any info on this lineage please email me @ tutu77331@yahoo.com.All responses will be answered promptly.Thank You,Elaine Busby Cardwell

Posted: 1 Nov 2002 4:43PM GMT
Phillip, I am finding possible connections to Coldwater, Ms. What was your grandfathers name?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic