Search for content in message boards

Searching

Searching

Rhonda LeMay (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bruner, Anderson, Collins, Herron, Wright, Davis
Looking for information on these names in Hawkins County. My great-grandparents were William Thomas Bruner, Rachel Martha Anderson, Henry Jefferson Herron, and Sarah Adeline Wright. Rachel's mother and father were Thomas Anderson and Sarah Collins. Sarah Wright's parents were Moses Wright and Jennie Davis. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Sarah Collins

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2002 4:14PM GMT
Sarah Ann Collins, the wife of Thomas Anderson was the daughter of James and Ruth (Leeper) Collins. I am descended from her sister Hannah (Collins)Reynolds. I have more info on this family if you are interested.

Re: Sarah Collins

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 3:44AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 1:16AM GMT
Hi Randy Reynolds
I would like information and parents of Sarah Collins who was born 1783 in Hawkins Co. Tennessee and died 2 Feb 1858 in Meigs (McMinn) Co. Tennessee. She was married to James Cox, son of John Cox and Tabitha Amis.
Thanks JJ Ault

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 6:28PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2002 4:14PM GMT
I'm sorry that I cannot answer your question with a definite answer. Your Sarah Collins could fit into a number of the local Collins families. Her age would fit in closely with some of my most distant known Collins ancestors, George Sr. b. ca. 1750, and sons George Jr. b. ca. 1770, and James b. ca. 1770-1780. But I have no doubt that she would probably fit age wise into some of the others in the area also. I saw in the 1810 tax list of Loudebacks Company there is listed James Cox and also Tabitha Cox but I don't know that this puts them in anymore close proximity of any particular Collins family. I'm sorry that I can't be of any more help. If I should ever find out more information I will keep you in mind.
RR

Posted: 1 May 2005 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2006 9:26AM GMT
Surnames: Collins
Hey, I was just wanting to know more about the collins family. I am desended from Sarah Collins that married Thomas Anderson. Sarah was my great-great-great-great grandmother.

Posted: 2 May 2005 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
I am an Anderson researcher and was wondering if you know where Thomas Anderson lived and who is parents and siblings were? Any information is appreciated.

Darlene

Jennie Davis

Jim Brown (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2005 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Davis
Anyone have information on Jonathan Davis?

Randy Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2005 11:25PM GMT
I will post the information on the family of James and Ruth Collins later this week. My information isn't readily available due to a computer problem last year but I still have it and will gladly share.

RR

Posted: 5 May 2005 3:50PM GMT
Here is a brief bit of information on the family of Sarah Collins Anderson as was requested.

1809 tax ;list of Hawkins Co. TN McCoy's Company lists George Collins Sr. , George Collins Jr., and James Collins. I believe these to be a father and two adult sons.
George Collinbs Sr. b. ca. 1750 or likely before. George Jr. b. 1770 in VA. James Collins b. ca. 1770-1780 prob. VA.
Two of the sons of George Collins (Jr) that I'm sure of , Tandy Collins moved to Floyd Co. IN 1830's and Asa Collins who raised his family in Hawkins Co.
James Collins had the following children. Margaret (Peggy) b. 1790's in VA married William Wininger moved to Duibois Co. IN ca. 1836 James Collins b. ca. 1800 VA married Ruth Lucinda (?) died in Hawkins Co. 1870-1880 (I had previous information that Ruth Collins was a Leeper this has since proven to be incorrect.), William Collins b. ca. 1811 married Elizabeth Wininger moved to Dubois Co. IN ca. 1836 d. 1850 Dubois Co. IN Another son b. ca. 1810-1815
James Collins married Ruth in 1820's had following children
William b. 1829 married Susan Jane Owen in Dubois Co. IN d. Dubois Co. IN 4-28-1886
Hannah b. ca. 1830 married Michael Reynolds moved to Orange Co. IN 1878 d. after 1880
James P. b. ca. 1831moved to Martin Co. IN before 1860 married Mary Barnum lived in Orange/Martin Co. IN died in Martin Co. 1880's
Sarah Ann b. 1832 married Thomas Anderson remained in Hawkins Co.
David b. 1833 married Nancy Barnett remained in Hawkins Co.
Nancy b. ca. 1840 married Charles Lewis Rice may have moved to Scott Co. VA after 1880.
Wells b. 1841 married Tempe Barnett moved to Orange Co. IN 1868-1870. d Orange Co. IN ca. 1878
Ruth b. 1846 d. 1850-1860 Hawkins Co. TN

John A. Anderson The olderst son of Thomas and Sarah (Collins) Anderson also moved to Indiana in 1870's He lived for a time in Dubois Co. with his uncle William Collins. He later lived in Orange Co near his cousin Willaim R. Reynolds. He then moved back across the county line in Dubois Co where he raised his family and died. in Dubois Co. IN

These members of this Collins family that moved to Indiana all lived a short distance from each other close to the community of Hillham in Dubois Co. IN which is one mile south of the Martin/Dubois Co Line and one mile west of the Dubois/Orange Co. line.

Tyler please feel free to contact me directly if you would like more details on this family or my personal speculations on Ruth Collins' ancestors and where George Collins Sr. may have lived prior to arrival in Hawkins Co.
RR

Posted: 5 May 2005 3:59PM GMT
Thomas Anderson and wife Sarah lived in the area north of Surgoinsville , possibly closer to Church Hill. Thomas was the son of David M. and Margaret Anderson. David M. was the son of David and Elizabeth (Hardy) Anderson. David Anderson married Elizabeth Hardy in Amhersy Co. VA in 1782. David had served in the Rev. War and was b. in Ireland. This brief bit of Anderson information was from "Families of Hawkins County Tennessee 1786-1994" in an article submitted by Naomi Hopperstead.

RR
per page

Find a board about a specific topic