Search for content in message boards

Froseth Ove and Julie Marie

Frøseth

Linda Schwartz (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
There was a Frøset/Frøseth farm in Sør-Trøndelag - near Støren or Soknedal. Do you have any more information on those who emigrated?
.... complete names?
.... birthdates?
.... dates of emigration?

If you haven't done much research yet, take a look at the suggestions on the web page listed below.

Froseth Ove and Julie Marie

Sandra Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Froseth
I am looking for great grandparents from Norway who came to Minnesota in early 1900's. Daughter was Mabel Froseth.

Ove and Julie Froseth

Kristen Schroeder (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Froseth, Hegdahl
I would love to have more information regarding Ove Martin Froseth and Julie Marie Hegdahl. Ove lived between 1863-1956. Julie lived from 1866-1940. They were married prior to 1890. Ove is recognized in the Ellis Island Wall on panel 149. Brothers/sisters of Ove are: Carl Froseth, Ingeborg Marth Froseth-Larsen, Hansine Froseth, and Marie Froseth-Elnan. Parents are listed as Peter and Karen Martha Froseth. I am stuck with Peter's generation in my research. I am the 2nd great granddaughter of Ove Froseth through his son Albert Julius. Do you have any help with this line?

Re: Frøseth

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Froseth
Hi I just found your info....I too am looking for Froseth relatives.....please see my info at ancestry...Caroline J Froseth....any connection....this family lived near Garreston, South Dakota and Wisconisn....rumor in family that relative drowned in fjord, I did find that to me true....can contact me at JenLeeFarm@centurytel.net Thanks Jen in northern Wisc...Caroline was my husbands grandmother.

Re: Froseth Ove and Julie Marie

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 5:09AM GMT
Surnames: Froseth-Ellertson
Hi I just found your infor...please see Caroline J Froseth in ancestry, Caroline was my husbands grandmother, I think that I saw the name Mabel on some family info, as there was a marriage between a couple and they had between them 21 children....One of the relatives drowned at the fjord in Norway, I have some info on that....family was from around Sparbu, Norway, Family live in South Dakota and Wis, you can reach me at JenLeeFarm@centurytel.net....Thanks Jen in northern Wis.

Birth of Kirstine Johanne

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 6:52AM GMT
Looking at the tress on ancestry, there seems to be a lot of wrong information posted (wrong place of birth, different fathers). To clarify this, here is her birth entry:

Born 23 Nov 1886
Karoline Johanne
Father: Bernt Eliasen, born 1841
Mother: Olava Knudsdatter, born 1844
Place of birth: the farm "Frøsetplads" in Sparbu, Nord-Trøndelag

Kildeinformasjon: Nord-Trøndelag fylke, Mære i Sparbu, Ministerialbok nr. 735A10 (1884-1908), Fødte og døpte 1887, side 14.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5340&i...

1900 Census

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 6:58AM GMT
In 1900 the family was living at Frøsethaugen in Sparbu:

http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&am...

The father is listed as "Ellingsen" instead of "Eliasen". His birth record should clear up which entry is incorrect.

When the family left Norway from Trondheim on 4 May 1904, his last name was listed as "Eliesen Frøseth"." Their destination is shown as "Dell Rapids, South Dakota".

Birth of Bernt Christian

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 7:05AM GMT
According to teh 1900 census, he was born in Inderøen in 1841. His birth record does confirm "Eliasen" as a last name. "Ellingsen" is only a misspelling on the census record.

Born 14 Aug 1841
Bernt Christian
Father: Elias Johannesen
Mother: Meurine (?) can't read last name.....
Place of birth: Sakshaug i Inderøy, Nord-Trøndelag

Kildeinformasjon: Nord-Trøndelag fylke, Sakshaug i Inderøy, Ministerialbok nr. 730A07 /1 (1840-1854), Fødte og døpte 1841, side 10.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2486&i...

Re: Birth of Bernt Christian

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Froseth-
Thanks for the info, yes this also verify's some of the information that I have on the family....as my husband is related to Karoline, his grandmother....a few years ago I found some of the same records, but did not have a way to translate them, so Thanks for the post....I aslo found some more records and posted them at Norweigian...Heritage, look under drowned at Beistadfjord ........Knut and his father....found record of knut, but not his father....maybe you could view them....so how are you realted to family, as I have not entered much on this family, winter project...Thanks Jen in northern Wisc. JenLeeFarm@centurytel.net
p.s I have that Bernt and Olava had been married before, and there are about twenty some children...between them...some r

Re: Birth of Bernt Christian

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: Froseth- Ellertson -Stokkee-Jonsen
Hi please see Caroline Johanna Froseth under Ancestry....1886...I have posted some notes about this family...Thanks Jen JenLeeFarm@centurytel.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic