Search for content in message boards

Alexander Inrig

Alexander Inrig

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 9:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: INRIG
Hi just wanted to find out if any relatives of Alexander Inrig who emigrated to austrailia from scotland are researching on ancestry. Mother is Georgina Rosie, Father is James Inrig, one of his sisters was called Catherine (my great, great grandmother).

Thanks

Re: Alexander Inrig

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 4:15AM GMT
Hi,
Are you able to provide a timeframe and state for Alexander please?

Leanne

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 6:48AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2013 8:16AM GMT
There is a Mr A INRIG who arrived in Fremantle, Western Australia aboard Oronsay on 10 March 1925 (NAA Recordsearch passenger search and NLA Trove newspapers).

He was living in Kalgoorlie area by 1936 (electoral rolls). Looks like he played soccer there (see NLA Trove)? It appears he did not marry.

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 7:29AM GMT
Hi,
There is the following death registration:
INRIG Alexander
Male
Father UNKNOWN
Mother UNKNOWN
Registered at PLANTAGENET
Year 1964
http://www.bdm.dotag.wa.gov.au/_apps/pioneersindex/default.a...

Leanne

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 10:22AM GMT
Hi, thanks for replying.
I think he boarded the ship oronsay bound for freemantle on the 7/2/1925 (not 100% sure it is him, but from the residence he lived in before departure which is documented on the passenger list, it is likely to be him).

Thanks

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 10:26AM GMT
That sounds about right, if it actually was him that boarded the ship. I did look up in the newspaper which showed passenger lists as you suggested.I did search for the electoral rolls you suggested as well.

I am wondering how you think he played football?? Couldn't find any information when I searched online.

Thanks

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 10:28AM GMT
Hi

I did click on the link as you suggested. It is a shame that mother/fathers names were not listed, as this would have given confirmation that it actually was him.

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic