Search for content in message boards

GIDEON'S IN SPOKANE

GIDEON'S IN SPOKANE

Posted: 4 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Oct 2001 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: ABNEY, BEARDON, BILLINGS BILLINGSLEY, CATON, GIDEON, HURSH, KELLY KELLEY, KNIFONG, TENNYSON TENNISON, WEIR
Hello,I am Looking for any information on my g grandfather W H GIDEON & g grandmother "MARY TENNISON from PULLER".
WILLIAM "HARVEY" GIDEON was from SPOKANE CHRISTIAN County Missouri.He married MARY TENNISON in 1898 Christian County Missouri and divorced MARY in 1902 Greene County Missouri.
WILLIAM "HARVEY" GIDEON had two attourney's representing his divorce.They were GIDEON & GIDEON. I believe that my g grandfather WILLIAM "HARVEY" GIDEON went on and had another family. His other wifes names could have been "ETHEL"? or "MARY"?. Any information on W "HARVEY" GIDEON and wifes,family,ect would be most appreciated.

Thanks
ZELDA GIDEON-MORSE

Gideons in Spokane

Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Gideon
Have you tried the website of Stevenson/Drury/Gideon? Go down to the descendants of James Isham Gideon and on Number 328 there is a William Harvey Gideon born in 1878 in Christian County, MO

GIDEON IN SPOKANE MO

Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2001 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: ABNEY, BEARDON, CATON, GEORGE, GIDEON, HURSH, KELLY KELLEY, KNIFONG, SMITH, TENNISON, WEIR
Thank you,Yes I have been there.
I have some old photos of WILLIAM HENRY GIDEON and LUCINDA TENNISON's, son JERRY M "JURD" GIDEON,and a few of CUPIE GIDEON the daughter of REX & EVA GIDEON.They were in my grandfathers old trunk.So I know he is tied in there somehow.I just haven't found any documents to show that
the WILLIAM "HARVEY" GIDEON in the GIDEON Web Site is the same one that was married to my MARY TENNISON. The dates would be close. My WILLIAM HARVEY GIDEON went by " HARVEY ". My father EVERETT L GIDEON son of CLIFTON L GIDEON went to Forsyth MO for a WILL reading and recieved money.I haven't found this probate,or attourney's record yet. My father and uncle EARL W GIDEON said there were a lot of GIDEON's there for the reading. I'm trying to locate these records now. Thanks for your responce.

ZELDA GIDEON-MORSE

Re: GIDEON'S IN SPOKANE

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 12:26PM GMT
I have a William Henry Gideon married to Lucinda Tennison

Re: GIDEON IN SPOKANE MO

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 4:52PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 3:58AM GMT
I'm not sure how or whether this ties in, but the only William Gideon heading a household on 1900 Christian Co MO census seems to be another one:
1900 MO Christian Galloway 251
William GIDEON W M Head May 1870 30 M 2 MO TN TN Farmer
Dalcie GIDEON W F Wife Jun 1883 17 M 2 1-1 IL IL IUL
Seaman GIDEON W M Son May 1889 11 S MO MO MO Farm Labor
Fred GIDEON W M Son Feb 1891 9 S MO MO MO
Radford GIDEON W M Son Sep 1893 6 S MO MO MO
Oliver GIDEON W M Son Jul 1895 4 S MO MO MO
Baby GIDEON +W M Son May 1900 1/12 S MO MO IL
These Christian Co MO marriage records are probably for this man.
W. P. Gideon - Mary Weatherman 19 Jan 1887 04/058 Bilyeu J M j p
W. P. Gideon - Dessie Billingsley 15 Mar 1899 06/229 Holmes John H j p

These two Christian County marriage records may be for the person being discussed or another William H. Gideon:

William H. Gideon - L. A. Tennison (f) 13 May 1886 04/002 Bilyeu Jacob j p [obviously NOT the William Harvey Gideon born 1878 who would have been too young]

W. H. Gideon - Mary Tennison 1 Nov 1896 06/001 Chipps J F m g

Another William Gideon married here in 1911:

William Gideon - Grace Carter 11 Sep 1911 08/351 Cobb G W j p

Posted: 1 Mar 2002 3:46AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2003 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Billingsley, Caton, Kelly/Kelley, Weir
I have relatives by four of the names you listed.
Billingsley, Caton, John W. Kelley,that married Catherine
Caton, Her mothers name was Elizabeth Weir. Nancy (Kate)
Catherine married John Kelly There was a stepsonTommy Alma born 1885-85 and daughter Flora Kelly who married
Bluit Pierce this marriage there were 5 children :Ida, James, Floyd, Nelly and Dean. Think 5 children were born in Missouri and family later moved to Whittier, California.
I have information about Catherine and her 5 sisters. My direct
line is the Caton Line. Catherine's father was George Washington Caton. They lived most of their lives in and around the counties you talked about. Do you have any
information on the Caton family?. Five daughters and one son.
The youngest daughter Sarah Corneallie (Nelly) born 1873
married Lou-Leroy Billingsley. they had 5 children.
There was only one son Wilford L. Caton Born 1875 died 1891
With all those names and the right territory we may be able
to connect with something. Let me know what you know about the Catons. I have quiet a bit on the Weirs.
Thanks for any information.
Lyola Chase Workman

Zelda Gideon-Morse (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: ABNEY,BILLINGSLEY,CATON,HURSH,KELLEY,GIDEON,THOMAS,WEIR AND MANY MORE
Hi Lyola
I'll e-mail you real soon about our Caton's,Kelley's,Billingsley's,and Weirs. :O)..Looks like we are researching the same cousins.:o). I'll talk to you real soon...........

Zelda Gideon-Morse
mdy61_2000@hotmail.com

Lyola Workman (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 2:36PM GMT
I will send you a copy of what I have on those lines
by mail then if you please look them over see if same as
yours and add or subtract. Do you have more on Caton
family or do you know some of relatives that would
have been directly related? If so please put me in contact with
them I have searched for George Washington Caton's progenitors for years. Maybe you could answer this question
by mail or email or maybe send address to me.Thanks again
985 Crest Drive, Prineville, Oregon 97754.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions