Search for content in message boards

Friedens Cemetery sold?

Friedens Cemetery sold?

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I saw on the findagrave site that this cemetery was sold last year and photo requests could not be done as they were trying to locate the new owner. Does anyone know current info for contacting this cemetery? I believe that my great-great grandmother was buried there and am trying to get any more info the office may have on her next of kin/death/burial since a marker probably no longer exists. She died on 12/18/1883 and lived at 1207 O'Fallon in St.Louis. I am outside of Missouri so a snail mail or e-mail address would be preferred.
Thank you.

Re: Friedens Cemetery sold?

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 5:08PM GMT
If you give me a name or names (preferably first and last), I might be able to help you. And what exactly do you want to know?

Bobbie

Re: Friedens Cemetery sold?

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 12:19AM GMT
8941 Broadway
Bellefontaine Neighbors
St. Louis County
Missouri USA
Postal Code: 63137-1002
Phone: (314) 867-5126

Frieden's Cemetery is located (half) in the City of St. Louis and also (half) in the City of Bellefontaine Neighbors (St. Louis County.) About 8 years ago, the original Frieden's Church that started the cemetery closed and the "Cemetery Board" continued to operate the cemetary but with a depleted escrow account. All the employees were let go and they contracted with another cemetery to take care of the grounds. (Maybe St. Joseph? I can't remember.) Since then, Frieden's Chapel, an off shoot of the original church also closed.

There has been no change of owner listed in either the City or county real estate listings.

You might find who you are looking for at:
http://members.tripod.com/~Vide_Poche/fried.html

Many years ago, the St. Louis Geneological Society copied all the records. They are at http://www.stlgs.org/ You may have to buy the disc.

Good Luck

sdparo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions