Search for content in message boards

ARMOUR/McDOUGALL

ARMOUR/McDOUGALL

Mary Lindbo (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ARMOUR, McDOUGALL
LEAH ARMOUR born in Antrim County Ireland about 1818; ALEXANDER McDOUGALL born (possibly in Ireland) about 1808. They were married before 1839 in Ireland. Daughter ELIZA JANE McDOUGALL born about 1839 at Ballymena, Ireland. They immigrated from Londonderry, Ireland to Canada about 1842 and settled in Admaston Township, Renfrew County, Ontario.

ARMOUR/McDOUGALL

Mary Lindbo (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi Mel - I really wish I could help you with your McDougalls but at this point I know very little about my McDougall ancestors prior to the time they appeared in Ontario, Canada. I do not know the names of either Alexander's or Leah's parents nor have I been able to discovered where Alexander was from. It is only through information from family members that places Leah Armour's origins in County Antrim, I have not found sources to support it. In case any of what I have will help you, I've included the little bit of information I've found below.

Alexander McDougall (c1808-1860) married Leah Armour (c1818-1900) in Ireland (date of marriage unknown, probably sometime before 1839, location is speculation). Leah was probably born in County Antrim, Ireland. They came to Canada about 1842 with their eldest child Eliza Jane (born c1839 possibly at Ballymena, Ireland). Eliza was 3 years old when they left Londonerry, Ireland to come to Canada. Their second child, Caroline is said to have been born in Montreal en route to Renfrew County (census indicates she was born in Quebec). Alexander McDougall located at Lot 18 Con 6 in Admaston Township, Renfrew County. May have come to join John McDougall (maybe a brother) who had come to Canada about 1820 to settle in Lanark County. John McDougall was married to Sarah Campbell and they moved to Admaston Township about 1840 locating Lot 19 Con 6. John died c1855. Sarah and Alexander McDougall both ran hotels on the Admaston Road on their respective lots.

Info on Great grandfather

Mel McDougall (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McDougall, Stewart
Located info re: Great grandfather Joseph Mcdougall, having been born in Belfast Ireland, March 21, 1830, found to have traveled to scotland, sometime in 1852. At that time he must have become a member of the LDS church, as he was baptised in Dalry Scotland, at the Glasgow conference in Feb 22, 1852, must have been associated in some manner with Stewart family, as he seemed to be in the same place at the same time as that family, and later married the daughter of Henry Hamilton Stewart and Agnes Ferguson Stewart, Matilda. Henry Stewart had a ship "Rebecca" sailed between Banger and Saltcoats Scotland. Some of Stewart family born in Belfast, Banger, and Saltcoats Scotland. Henry died, and Agnes and daughters immigrated to US, with the perpetural immigration fund(LDS), and Joseph traveled with them, or followed them. They sailed aboart the ship, "Enoch Train" in March of 1856 to Boston and on to Salt Lake City Utah. Joseph later married Matilda, in the year of 1858 in Ill. Question: Trying to identify Joseph McDougall's parants, real place of birth(he identifies both Ireland(Belfast) and Adrie Scotland) as birth place. I have know idea as to the names of his parants or siblings.

Located family Stewart/McDougall

Posted: 13 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2002 8:36AM GMT
Surnames: McDougall, Stewart, Chew, Fergensen, Fergenson, McDougle
In preparing for our trip to Ireland I came across your message posted last Oct. My wife is the GGGrandaughter of Henry Hamilton Stewart. We have information on the Stewart side of the family. Matilda Stewart who married Joseph was the sister of Margaret Stewart who married Louis M. Chew. Our info shows that Joseph sailed on the same ship, the Enoch Train, as the Stewart family. In addition to Agnes Fergensen and her daughters a son also named Henry Hamilton Stewart who was 16 also came over. He was under contract to work on the Mormon Temple as a stonemason. There was also another son Norvel Stewart. Margaret Stewart settled in Atchison Kansas where she married Louis Chew the City Constable. If you care to exchange info pls contact at this e-mail #. We are leaving for Ireland 5-21-2000.

Re: Located family Stewart/McDougall

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 11:37PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2002 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: McDougall and Stuart(stewart)
I have just returned to this site , and found your reply of some years back, This is our family, and I have been trying to identify any family for Joseph McDougal, it has been a long search. We have a Stewart family Re-union each year in Kansas, this last year it was Held in Mayetta Ks at my cousins farm (Lucile Smith). in the month of Sept. If you get this message let me know by e-mail. Mel

Posted: 6 Jul 2007 11:14PM GMT
Hello, Iam the great-great grandson of Joseph McDougal and Matilda Stewart. My sister Mona Smith and I have been working on the family tree for several years. I would welcome any information that you have -- particularly on Joseph McDougal. Thankyou

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 11:06AM GMT
I'm working on my family tree King/Whiteford and saw you had my family names in your search and would like to know how they are related?
Thank
Joseph King
per page

Find a board about a specific topic