Search for content in message boards

john joseph dobbins

john joseph dobbins

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 7:22AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:00PM GMT
my gfather was john joseph dobbins b aug 13, 1896 his father was patrick dobbins any links here?

Dobbin/Dobbins

Vivian Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2000 10:48PM GMT
Hi, This is my first time on this message board. I am also researching the Dobbin name.
My great grandmother was Mary Dobbin from St.Mary's Bay. Her father was David Dobbin, the diver. I would anyone else researching this name to contact me. I have some information on this family.

Re: Dobbin/Dobbins

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 12:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Mar 2004 1:31PM GMT
I am researching the Dobbins of St. Mary's Bay as well.
I am researching Elizabeth Dobbin born about 1838, married to William Tobin. Her father's name was Bernard, born about 1855 - died 1936, and her mothers name was Ellen?. I believe Bernards father was a Patrick Dobbin, but not definitely sure about that. I am also hoping to find info on the Tobin family as well. Elizabeth and William's daughter Mary Ann Tobin married John Leander Judson McKenna, and settled in Queens County, Nova Scotia. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I in turn will keep an eye out for your relatives. Good chance they are related.

Posted: 6 Feb 2009 4:40AM GMT
HI vivian i have a Dave Dobbin from little bay in my family married to grand fathers John Heads sister anastisia Head so is this the same David the son of John f Dobbin of little bay NDB larryhead61@hotmail.com thanks

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 4:31PM GMT
Hi Larry,
I'm related to David the Diver also and this is what I have gathered so far in relation to David Dobbin who married Anastatia Head:
David Dobbin (#3) b7 May 1895 Pilley's Island bp 27 Jun 1895 Pilley's Island d 5 May 1975 St. Patrick's, buried in St. Patrick's. Married Anastatia Head (I guess you have her birth and death dates).
David Dobbin (#3) is the son of David Dobbin (#2) bp 14 Oct 1856 Assumption RC Church, St. Mary's Bay, NL AND Catherine Roberts b abt 1871. David (#2) and Catherine married 31 Oct 1893 Pilley's Island
David Dobbin (#2) is the son of David (#1) Thomas Dobbin b 25 Oct 1817 St. Mary's Bay d 3 Jul 1900 St. John's (this is the Diver) and Elizabeth "Liza" Burke b abt 1818 d 20 Jul 1888 Little Bay Mines, NL. David (#1) and Elizabeth married 1 Feb 1845 RC Church, St. Mary's Bay, NL

David (#2) who married Catherine Roberts is the brother of my great-great grandmother Mary Frances Dobbin who married John Louis Walsh in Fleur de Lys.

Hope this isn't too confusing. With all the Davids I numbered them so it would be easier to read.

Alice (Drover) Hoven, Baie Verte

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 8:05PM GMT
HI ALICE THANKS FOR THE UP DATE ON THE DOBBIN SIDE AND INFO I HAVE ALL THE HEAD FAMILY TO 1808 THIS FAR NOW TRYING TO CONNECT TO THE BRITISH ROOTS NEXT THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING AND MORE FUN ALL AT THE SAME TIME , IT SEAMS THAT THE HEADS MAY HAVE COME FROM IRELAND RATHER THAN ENGLAND ALL THE B D M WERE DONE AS R C GOOD TO HERE FROM YOU KEEP IN TOUCH LARRY

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: QUIRK, BREEN, LOWE, DOBBIN
VIVIAN SULLIVAN:

I am your distant cousin. I have been trying to get a hold of you for some time; your name came up from my Aunt, Hazel Simpson in Washington State (who you may or may not have heard-of).

I am related from Thomas David Dobbin the diver through Sarah, his oldest child who married James Quirk of St John's,in whose home David Dobbin died. I remember my grandfather talking about his grandfather, Davy Dobbin the Diver, when I was a child; my grandfather remembered him well. James and Sarah Quirk second child was James Quirk (3rd) b. 1-9-80 d. Oct, 1956). James Quirk and wife Anna had four children. The third child was my mother, Mary (aka Bernice) who married Arnold Lowe. My mother was born 1-7-15, d-1993). The oldest child of James and Anna Quirk was Sarah, then Richard, then James Quirk 4th who died as an infant, then Mary (aka Bernice), then Loretta (aka Hazel). I was born March 17, 1942 and am now 70. If you would please contact me I would like to share information with you.

Patrick Lowe

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: QUIRK, BREEN, LOWE, DOBBIN

I am related from Thomas David Dobbin the diver through Sarah, his oldest child who married James Quirk of St John's,in whose home David Dobbin died. I remember my grandfather talking about his grandfather, Davy Dobbin the Diver, when I was a child; my grandfather remembered him well. James and Sarah Quirk second child was James Quirk (3rd) b. 1-9-80 d. Oct, 1956). James Quirk and wife Anna had four children. The third child was my mother, Mary (aka Bernice) who married Arnold Lowe. My mother was born 1-7-15, d-1993). The oldest child of James and Anna Quirk was Sarah, then Richard, then James Quirk 4th who died as an infant, then Mary (aka Bernice), then Loretta (aka Hazel). I was born March 17, 1942 and am now 70. If you would please contact me I would like to share information with you.

Patrick Lowe

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 2:37AM GMT
Hi, I am great great granddaughter of David "the diver" Dobbin....his son david (married elizabeth burke) is my great grand dad and David and Elizabeth's son, David is my grandfather.......I would love to know much more.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 4:54AM GMT
David dobbin and Anastasia ( head ). R my grandparent. And David and Catherine. R my gf grandparent I know this but I can't verify that Thomas (Dobbin the Diver). Is David (Catherine). Father. Where did u get this info thank.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic