Search for content in message boards

Collum's in Victoria Co.!

Collum's in Victoria Co.!

Posted: 18 Nov 2001 2:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 11:29PM GMT
Surnames: COLLUM, WIDDIS, JACKSON, HODGSON, HYLAND, BRADBURN
I am looking for any information on the Collum family from Ireland who settled in Emily Twsp. in the early 1800s. Very early known names that married into this family are Widdis, Jackson, Hodgson, Hyland and Bradburn. Thanks! Michael_Kaehn@telus.net

Re: Collum's in Victoria Co.!

Gail (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2002 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Collum
I have an 1874 newspaper article from the Lindsay Canadian Post with reference to Collum surname

Gary E. french (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2002 2:32AM GMT
Interested in the Jackson family. The Martha Jackson who married Hugh Collum in 1823 was the dau. of James Jackson, the brother of my ancestor John Jackson of Emily.

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 5:41AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 11:29PM GMT
Surnames: COLLUM, JACKSON
I have been in contact with several people who are working on James and Jane (Richmond) Jackson family. I have tried to contact some descendants of Hugh and Martha but so far have not had any replies. I do have a book with a short article on this family if it is of interest.....Michael

Deborah Collum Ostrander (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2002 11:19PM GMT
My gggrandfather, Hugh Collum, settled in Emily Township in about 1819 or 1820. He apparently received 100 acres of land. It appears that there was a John Collum, who must have been his brother, too. If you'd like more information, just email me.

Michael (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 5:04PM GMT
Michael: I would be interested in a copy of the information on the Jackson family. James (b. 1780) was my ggggrandfather.... any info appreciated. Thanks, Michael.

Bob Collum (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2004 12:55AM GMT
Gary-

Do you have any documentation on the marriage of Hugh Collum and Martha Jackson? Also anything on that family would be appreciated. He was my GG Grandfather.

I also have some information on the Jackson family if you are still looking.

E-mail me at bobnsuzannecollum@msn.com if you would like.

Bob Collum (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2004 1:02AM GMT
Aloha Michael-

Hugh Collum was my GG Grandfather. I would be interested in anything you may have on him or his family connections.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your message! You can e-mail me at bobnsuzannecollum@msn.com if you wish.

Mahalo!
Bob

Bob Collum (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2004 1:07AM GMT
Aloha Gail-

Would you be interested in sharing the article with me. I'm always interested in something about the COLLUM family.

Mahalo!
Bob

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Collum
My ggrandfather was John Collum. I am assuming that his brother was Hugh as this name is also in our family. John married Elizabeth Maguire and they lived in Wellington County then came to Manitoba with their son, John. I am having difficulty trying to search this family back to Enniskillen, Ireland. Any help appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions