Search for content in message boards

Bodiford Family

Bodiford Family

Posted: 13 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: Bodiford, Shows
Delila Bodiford married William Cornelius Shows, November 17, 1872 in Luverne, Alabama. She is believed to be the daughter of the Bodiford family from Greenville, AL. who owned the newspaper in Greenville at the time. Her brothers were said to be Carpenters in Greenville.
I am looking for information on Delila Bodiford and the Bodiford family in general.

Re: Bodiford Family

Cara Owsley Higginbottom (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Bodiford, Lowery
My great-grandmother Lena Bodiford Lowery was from Crenshaw County Al, I'm also looking for information on the
Lowery name as well. Lena's husband was Thomas Lowery. Any info you can pass on who be appreciated.

regina hearn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 11:02PM GMT
It's been awhile since I posted..but...I am kin to Lowery, Bodiford....My great Grandma is Annie Lowery..She passed away a few years back. As far as I know...I som was married...or just fathered kids with Martha...(Lowery or Bodiford.) not sure if they were married or not...they had a few kids..one was Fronnie, Paralee, and Lue....Fronnie married grant Lowery..and they had Tom Lowery...Tom married Annie Davis..which is my Grandma Annie Lowery...its really confusing...They were from Greenville, Luverne, Crenshaw....Alabama..somewhere down in that areaIm not sure how to spell Isom, Isham, Isam...the spelling varies...so..let me know what you know..

Cara (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2002 3:41AM GMT
My great grandmother was a Bodiford she married a Lowery. Thomas Lowery and they were from Crenshaw County, Alabama. They had 16 or 15 children. All but 2 are dead. One lives in Louisville, Kentucky and the other in Alabama. I've been asking my family about the Bodiford name and they don't know much about it. Where are you from. I was born in Louisville, but have move around alot. Indiana, Ohio and now Mississippi. Please email me at caraphoto@hotmail.com

Re: Bodiford Family of Crenshaw Co., Alabama

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 12:12AM GMT
I am looking for information on the offspring of Norvin Raymon Bodiford, son of Seth B. Bodiford of Crenshaw County Alabama. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Contact me at wwittel@aol.com

Re: Bodiford Family of Crenshaw Co., Alabama

Posted: 12 Nov 2002 2:50PM GMT
I remember Norvin and his wife Catherine. They were very nice people that I met in the Mid 70's. If memory serves me well -- they only had one child a boy. He was living in Montgomery, AL in the 80's. Morvin and Catherine lived on Sunshine Drive or Lane in Montgomery.

Brenda Bodiford-Waldrip (different set of dogs)
Originally from Luverne and Brantley, AL
Now residing in Plano, TX

Melynda (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2005 5:26AM GMT
I had the links from Crenshaw County (my line) as far back as the immigration records, yet some of it was gathered from relatives at a family reunion. Since that time my laptop was stolen and I lost it all, but am beginning my search again, totally stinks. I do know for a fact that my line comes from Crenshaw which came from NC, many to Seminole County, Donalsonville GA of which there was a (excuse spellling) malaria outbreak due to mosquitos and many died. Like I said, I have this info in pieces in my head as I started in 98 but am reconstructing this project and will be happy to share anything I have. I will say this, it is nice to have this info on the net, as my dads own bc wasnt in the courthouse even though all of his siblings were and he was the youngest, but I am disappointed that a site so needed is so expensive and thrives on the bottom dollar rather than the rewards placed in the hearts of their members.

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 1:12AM GMT
Hi Regina.. We may be related Isham is my grandmothers great grand father. He had a two son name Ransom and Charlie. She knows Fronnie aka Aunt Fron. My grand mothers name is Lillie R. Lee (Bodiford) Her father name is Earl Bodiford. She also mentioned Lena,Lou,Liz. If you receive this email me at yolanda.oneale@yahoo

I attached a picture of Earl,Charlie and Ken Bodiford
and I have a picture of Ransom and Kate Bodiford
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 1:01AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2011 1:04AM GMT
Isam Bodiford would have been my Great Great Great Grandfather. My grandmother is Omie Dale (Lowery) Staley. Her Father was MC Lowery and her Grandmother is Lou Bodiford, Isam would have been her great grand father. I spoke to my grandmother last night and she told me she remembered some of her grandmothers sister and brothers names.

Lena, Fronnie, Lizze, Para Lee, Ransom and Charlie.

I am not sure if that is all of them, but that is all she knew.

Anyone with information please contact me. I would love to hear from you!!!!!!

God Bless

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 7:58AM GMT
Para Lee Bodiford Lowery is my great grandmother. Her daughter Mary Lowery Summerlin is my grandmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions