Search for content in message boards

need address - Dixon state hospital

need address - Dixon state hospital

Posted: 18 Mar 2003 2:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2003 8:35PM GMT
Would any one have the address to the State Hospital ..I had a relative that died there in the early 70's and buried on the grounds . Would like to find the grave site .

thanks
Betty

Re: need address - Dixon state hospital

Posted: 11 Nov 2010 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: dixon state hospital
A number of years ago the State School or Hospital here in Dixon Closed and was converted into a prison. The school had its own cemetery, which is still maintained.

Posted: 3 Jan 2012 12:34AM GMT
Hello -- By now, you have probably found your relative's grave. I was just looking up Dixon State Hospital, and somehow came to a site with a photograph of their cemetery, and a list of names of those persons buried therein. If you don't find your relative there, look up Oakwood Cemetary in Dixon. I'm sorry that I don't remember exactly how I got there, but hope this helps.

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 2:36PM GMT
They will need the exact date of death to look up the record. Contact the Lee County Clerk's office - I phoned them and they gave me a death date over the phone. 815-288-3309. You can also request the death certificate for $30. In my case, since the relative died at Dixon State Hospital, the death certificate also included info I had never seen before (date of admission, diagnosis, and last address prior to admission). It turns out my relative was NOT buried at Dixon State Hopsital, and that info was also provided by the Clerk's office verbally from the death ceertificate.

I think Dixon Hospital is now the Jack Mabley Development Center, 1120 Washington Avenue, Dixon, IL 61021. Their main phone number is 815-288-8300.

Good Luck!

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: Demakeas
My grandmothers sister was put into Dixon, passed away and was buried there. I called the County Recorder and they said they could not find a record of death/death certificate for her.
Nor am I able to find one through the state.
I am having a very frustrating time. I did find a record on Ancestry, and death record that states she died and was buried at Dixon Hospital.
Should I maybe try and send a written request instead of a phone call?
I would loe to be able to obtain the info you did in requesting the death certificate.

Record states spelling as:
Kaliope Demakes

But correct last name spelling is Demakeas

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 7:28PM GMT
I started by calling the Mabley Center for records related to Dixon State Hospital. They stated that all their records are organized by death date, which I had to provide. They could not search for the death date. That is what led me to the Lee County Clerk's office.

The call to Mabley went through quickly, and they were very helpful providing info on which records they hold. I would recommend calling instead of writing for a quicker response.

Pam

Re: Dixon State Hospital - Records

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: demakeas
Hi Pam

What is the Mabley Center? What kind of records do they have/provide? Also what is there address?

I do have the date of death for my relative.

I was also "finally" able to find the death record with Lee County Recorders office (as my relatives last name had been misspelled). Im sending off for it today.

Thank you,
Cathie

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 9:56PM GMT
Pam

Oh, sorry, just re-read your earlier post, Dixon turned into the Mabley Development Center then?

Posted: 1 Jul 2012 1:10PM GMT

Posted: 1 Jul 2012 1:12PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic