Search for content in message boards

McClendon

McClendon

Lynn Troulliet (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClendon, Corkern, Fisher, Bickham
Searching family of Mary Kathrine McClendon married to James Pinkney Corkern Jr Annistosia "Annis"Fisher married to James Pinkney Corkern Sarah Bickham married to John Corkern Originally Corker Any info would be deeply appreciated Thank you

James P. Corkern

Posted: 3 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: Corkern, McClendon
James Pinkey Corkern b. Sept. 1827, d. Aug. 1892 the s/o James Bickham and Phereba Magee. Married Annis Fisher b. 1837, d. Mar. 5, 1907. Interred in the Corkern II Cemetery in Washington Parish. They had 11 children.
James Pinkney Corkern, Jr. b. June 30, 1870, d. Feb. 13, 1945, married Mary Katherine McClendon b. Oct. 8, 1873, d. Nov. 27, 1925. Interred at Enon, La. They had 12 children.

Pinkney Corkern

Adele Brinkley (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
I'm not sure if I have an information for you, but my mother's maiden name is Corkern and we have lived in Enon for five generations. Do you have more information on Pinkney (i.e. siblings, children, etc.)? I'm most curious. Maybe I'll be of some assistance if I have more information. Thank you.

James Pinckney Corkern

Posted: 31 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2002 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Corkern
James Pinckney Corkern was married to Annis Fisher, whose mother was Anastasia Susan "Stacy" Toney and her father was John Fisher. Apparently Annis was named after her mother. My GGrandmother was one of the 12 children belonging to James Pinckney and Annis Fisher Corkern. Her name was Mary Lanora "Nora" Corkern Toney who was married to James "Jim" Andrew Toney, son of William and Jane Brown Toney. Grandma Nora and Grandpa Jim are buried in the Corkern II cemetery. Would love to hear more about the Corkerns, Toneys, Fishers and all my kin people in Washington Parish.

Re: James P. Corkern+others

Posted: 1 Mar 2002 4:06AM GMT
A Mrs.Nelwyn Corkern of Baton Rouge wrote a book on the Corkerns and related families (I cannot recall the name of the book) The last address I have for her is: 3405 Warren Drive, Baton Rouge, La. 70814, I'm not sure if this adddress is current. Also check "On Through the Years" by Mrs.Doris Holden and "Kinsmen All" by Russ Williams, all of these books will have lots of info on the Corkerns and related families of Washington and St.Tammany Parishes.

Re: Pinkney Corkern

Posted: 16 May 2002 4:43PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2002 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Hennesy(sp), Corkern, Welch, Gill, Jordan
My grandmother was Maude Edith Corkern. Her mother was Laurana Jordan m. John Calvert Corkern. My records show that they both were burried in Enon, LA

Re: James Pinckney Corkern

Posted: 16 May 2002 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2002 2:47AM GMT
I have quite a lot on the Corkerns. I have a book "Corkerns have many cousins" by Nelwyn Corkern. If you will give a specific person, I will look it up in the book. My grandmother was Maude Edith Corkern. Her parents were John Calvert Corkern and her mother was Laurana Jordan. If you have any information about Laurana Jordan, please let me know James Pinckney Corkern b. 9/1829 d. 8/1892 in Washington Parish. Married to Annis Fisher b . 1837 d, 5 March, 1907. James Pinkney Corkern was my grandmother'; grand uncle.

Posted: 16 May 2002 11:33PM GMT
The book sounds great. My mother just asked me where her "Corkern" book is. I don't know. My maternal grandfather was Howard Pierce Corkern who was from Franklinton, LA. He had several brothers, ten I think, but I only know of six. Their names are Wesley, John, Otis, Tom, Luther, and Monroe. I'd appreciate any information you have on them. Thanks, Adele

Posted: 16 May 2002 11:33PM GMT
The book sounds great. My mother just asked me where her "Corkern" book is. I don't know. My maternal grandfather was Howard Pierce Corkern who was from Franklinton, LA. He had several brothers, ten I think, but I only know of six. Their names are Wesley, John, Otis, Tom, Luther, and Monroe. I'd appreciate any information you have on them. Thanks, Adele

Vaunice Toney Tate (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2002 3:03AM GMT
Which book do you have? I understand she has a third copy out now. I do not have any of the books, but I hope I can get one of the new editions.

I had a great Aunt Edith Estelle Toney Blackwell, who was the daughter of Mary Lanora Corkern and James Andrew Toney. Also, they had a son Frank Leander Toney who had a daughter named Maudie. Funny, how cousins had the same names. Their other children were William Adnell Toney, James Nelson Toney, who was my grandfather, and Dixie Viola Toney, who married a Passman and a Blackwell.

Did you search in St. Tammany Parish for the Jordans?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic