Search for content in message boards

SIR GILBERT DE CLARE

SIR GILBERT DE CLARE

Kenneth Joseph (Bagg) (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 1:16AM GMT
Does anyone have any information or lineage to Sir Gilbert De Clare (Knight) bd 1243, m 1290, Westminister Abbey, dd 1296) who married Joan Plantagenet (bd 1272, dd 23 Apr 1307)? Their daughter Margaret De Clare (bd 1292, dd 13 Apr 1342) married Piers De Gaveston (bd 1284, m 1 Nov 1307, dd 19 Jun 1312). Please contact me at Neder7ppl@aol.com. My respect to the Clare Clan, hear from you soon. Ken

de Clare

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 9:01AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 6:45PM GMT
Hello- please go to www.castlewales.com/listings.html#Click%20on
It is a castle site, so go down the list till you get to Caerphilly Castle. History of castle, its owners, builders and bio on de Clare family. I'm suppossed to be descended from Gilbert and Joan's daughter, Elizabeth. Very good site with lots of information which would give one an idea of where to go looking for family next. Sincerely, Sheri

De Clare

Ken (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 5:56PM GMT
Thanks Sheri, I am totally impress. I am more honored of having my blood line linked to Sir Gilbert. Take care cuz. Ken
Posted: 24 May 2001 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2005 4:16PM GMT
Ken, did your Gilbert m. Isabel De Beaumont and have a son Richard who m. Eva MacMurrough and their dau. Isabel m. Sir Reginald Awbrey. I have connected to the their son, William Awbrey but cannot prove that Isabel was connected to Gilbert and Richard. Thanks for your help. Carolyn

Re: SIR GILBERT DE CLARE

Posted: 6 Aug 2014 5:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
They're allegedly my direct ancestors my Nanas name was Joyce and my Moms name is Zena they moved too Niagara Falls, Canada idk if your gonna get this a decade an a half later but I would love too hear back.
Nathaniel Clare
per page

Find a board about a specific topic