Search for content in message boards

Alexander McLean

Alexander McLean

Roy MaLean (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 6:13PM GMT
Am searching for family of Alexander McLean, my grandfather.Born in Vernon Center, N.Y. 1846, died 1924. Mothers name Cameron. Three other male siblings, all Presbyterian ministers, possibly lived in California, Oregon, and Puerto Rico.Alex served in the 117th NY Vol Infantry during the Civil War. Married Emma Crouch 1868, three daughters were born, Mrs. E.V. Reed, Mrs. C.S. Waldo of NYC and Mrs. W.H.Kellaway of Rochester,NY. Married Mina Jones of Utica, 1893; children: Rob Roy, Robert, Margaret, and Anna. Any info. about family would be great.

Re: Alexander McLean

Dan Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2005 4:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Dec 2008 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: McLean
My Mothers in laws sister was married to Ernest McLean, a great lakes fisherman, in Paradise (Chippewa County), MI area. If you think this may be of some help please e-mail be back. Some of the family still live in Michigan.

Posted: 9 Nov 2006 2:58AM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2008 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: McLean, Barclay
Hi , was wondering if you could help me out.... I don't have much history of the McLean's
My grandfather Berton Edward Mclean was born 1908
brothers are Ernest Alexander David and Truman
Now His father was Alexander J Mclean census states he scottish from Canada married to Anna L Barclay.
Family rumors has it the McLean has been changed was told it was spelt McClean but my mother passed away in 95 so cannot vertified that anyways also been told that Alex was an sea captain, and may had drowned at sea.
AnnBarclay remarried to Charles Gustafson and three more children Clayton Charles and Ann Gustafson.
Now also according to the census all the children were born in MI but my grandmother said Bert was born in Goderich Huron Co. Canada
Does any of this connect with yours? Any info would be greatly appreciated Marijo

J. McLean (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2006 5:06AM GMT
Sorry, none of your names match this McLean ancestry.
Good luck on your search.

Posted: 9 Nov 2006 4:06PM GMT
Sorry was trying to reach Dan Wilson.. Thank you anyways

Posted: 10 Dec 2008 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: McLean, Kellaway
I have a record of a William M. Kellaway of Rochester 1861-1912. He was a machinist and he was born in Port Hope, Ontario. His parents were Philip Kellaway and Mary Curtis. If you find this is your Kellaway I can provide more on his family but little more on William.

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 7:04AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2009 4:19PM GMT
hi i think i have found a link to my family my name is laurali a. mclean (rochester ny) daughter of Rob Roy Alexander Mclean the 3rd Son of Rob Roy Mclean the 2nd my aunts and an uncles are angus, marget, andy, mary, there are more but i lost contact along time ago and can't remember all of them andy may not be his full name but a nick name last i knew her was in ca. as for the rest of my them i belive they were in upstate ny. i notice alot of my familly names match the ones in this post if you think this is a match please let me know.

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 6:12PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2009 3:45AM GMT
Hi Laurali, Yes it sounds like there is a direct link between your family and my husband's family. Do you have an Aunt Betty Blore? My name is Jane McLean, my husband's name was Roy and he was the oldest son of Robert (youngest son of Alexander). I would be glad to share any family history I have.

Posted: 3 Jul 2009 9:11PM GMT
Hi Jane & Laurali--

It would appear we are related. My great-grandfather Robert was Alexander's younger brother. I have lots of information about Robert and Eneas but very little about the NY McLeans. Would be happy to share!

Best,
Jeff McLean (son of John Godfrey McLean, son of Robert Norris McLean, son of Robert McLean son of Angus McLean.)

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 5:16AM GMT
My great grandfather was Eneas McLean, who was the brother of Alexander McLean. I have information about Eneas but do not know much about his siblings, other than Robert McLean. I believe you have gotten a response from Robert's great grandson here....this is all pretty interesting stuff! Let me know what you have about your family that you'd like to share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic