Search for content in message boards

Mr. Fields Killed in the French - Eversole Feud

Mr. Fields Killed in the French - Eversole Feud

Glenda Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2003 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Sep 2003 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Fields, French, Eversole
Who was the Fields man shot down and killed at Jeff, Ky during altercation between the French and Eversoles - late 1880's possibly 1889.

Glenda
gd37@webtv.net

Re: Mr. Fields Killed in the French - Eversole Feud

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 2:39PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2004 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Fields, Ingram
I believe he was the realitive of my Grandfather William Fields.
He was born in Virginia and later moved to Blackey Ky. He married Matilda Ingram, and along with their 11 children, they moved into the Whitesburg area.

I had read about a murder in our family previously somewhere in this website, and I did not get the chance to print it out.

The story is my grandma fields had a member of her family killed and buried in the mountains of Whitesburg, KY.

If you have or know about this story, please e-mail me back at the following address. My older sister and I are looking for anything that has to do with the FIELDS name. We are all related somehow.

Thank you
Jeff Fields.

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 7:56AM GMT
http://www.billjames.org/Family%20Tree%20-%20Web%20Pages/Eve...

I found this link. Jesse Fields was my Great, Great Grandfather.

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 7:20AM GMT
Jeff,

There is the great mystery. From what I have read Jesse Fields was married to Elizabeth "Sally Ann" Combs Couch. I have found no documentation on any children. My Grandfather told me his Grandfather was Jesse Fields and his Grandmothers maiden name was Couch. If you want to give me you email address I can send you an invitation to my family tree. I have yet to be able to find documentation to prove this Jesse Fields was my Great Great grandfather but I keep gathering information and stories. Maybe my tree will help shed light on your tree!I also am liiking for information on what finally happened to Jesse Fields. He was involved and convicted of murder according to what I have read on the internet, but I can't find any information as to if he was imprisioned or received a death sentance and if so where and when. The stories just kind of fall off. I was told by my Grandfather that he was a sheriff, was shot in the back and killed, this is a very different version of what I am reading on the internet about the feuds.

Posted: 19 Apr 2011 2:24PM GMT
I beleive it is Jesse Fields you are refering too? That is my grandmothers father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions