Search for content in message boards

Daisy Drawbond

Daisy Drawbond

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Drawbond, Austin
Looking for information on Drawbond or Austin families living in Augusta County, VA around 1875. My grandmother was Daisy Margaret Drawbond born June 17th, 1978 in Augusta Co. Her parents were Alfred H. Drawbond and Emma Lou Austin. Would appreciate help. Thanks

Bobbie Ritter Lee
Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Drawbond
My Grandmother was Daisy Margaret Drawbond. Her father was Alfred Drawbond. They did live around Rockbridge Co., VA.
She had a brother named Dave and one named John that I know of. Her mother was Emma Austin. My grandmother married a William Jackson Ritter. I too am trying to find information on the Drawbond family. I live in Hopewell, VA. near Richmond. I will be going to the State Library in about two weeks to check on some information. If I can be of help in looking something up for you, let me know. My
E address is bobbilee@mail.ctg.net

Drawbond

Carole Vance (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Hi--I am searching for Drawbonds slightly south in Rockbridge County, Vesuvius area. My great-grandfather was Thomas Edward Drawbond, born 1-?-1858 and died (Murdered) 3-19-1909, buried in the Fairfield Cemetery. My grandfather was William Adolphus Drawbond, born 12-10-1879 and died 2-13-1960, buried in the Spring Valley Cemetery in Fairfield.

There are not many Drawbonds left and we are trying to find the origin of the name "Drawbond."

I live in Staunton, Virginia in Augusta County.

Re: Drawbond

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 3:50AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2001 1:33PM GMT
Right you are when you say you don't think there are many "Drawbonds" around any more. You just rarely hear the name anymore. My father was from Vesuvius - his name was Glendon Neurlin Drawbond son of Clarence and Laura Drawbond. He has a sister still living in Staunton - Vernie (Drawbond) Miller. He has a brother living in Fla. - Clarence Drawbond. He was known
best by the name of Jiggs. My Dad was married to Gertrude (Bass) Drawbond. They first lived in Speedwell, Va. and later moved to Wytheville, Va. and were there until their death. There were four daughters born - Elizabeth, Jenny(me), Lynda and Dottie. Liz died in her earlier fifties so there are three girls left - all married with children and grandchildren.

So - do you know "us DRAWBONDS". I feel you do after reading about Vesuvius - I used to visit my grandparents there when I was in my teens - not far from Cash's Store where I used to buy penny candy!

Jenny (Drawbond) Turner (Roanoke, Va.)

Re: Daisy Drawbond

Posted: 26 May 2003 1:12AM GMT
Daisy

My fathers name was Russell E Drawbond Jr. and his fathers name was Russell E Drawbond and his fathers name was Alfred H Drawbond and my records show his wifes name was Emme A Austin. I never knew my father but Idid find all his brothers & sisters.Any help I can be or maybe you can help me. you can call me at 804-795-7685. I live in varina virginia my aunt lives in blackstone va.

Posted: 26 May 2003 1:24AM GMT
please read reply to daisey drawbond dated may 25 2003. you may contact me as well please.any information will be appreciated.

Posted: 19 Mar 2006 7:44AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2006 9:21PM GMT
Surnames: Drawbond/Bragg/Benson/Lucas/Curry/Link/Delaney
Hello Russell,

I'm not exactly sure how, but I'm pretty sure that we're related. My grandmother was Willie Cornelia Drawbond Benson. She was the most wonderful lady in the world! Her youngest brother, Carl Drawbond is still living. I think that he just turned 94. I'm sure that he could fill in a lot of gaps for you. Email me if you're interested in getting to know more about the Drawbond family, I can put you in touch with Uncle Carl.

Posted: 19 Mar 2006 7:59AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2006 9:21PM GMT
Adophus Drawbond was my great grandfather. If you're still interested in Drawbond information, send me an email. We live relatively close to each other, if you're interested in getting to know some of your Drawbond relatives.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 4:53AM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2012 5:32AM GMT
This Might help you. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XRX6-ZT7 This is a Record of When Alfred And Emma A. Austin Got Married.The Last name Got Misspelled. I am a descendent From Alfred's Brother John.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 3:46PM GMT
Hi I am your cousin Mary ann Jiggs daughter .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic