Search for content in message boards

Smith Family of Harlan and Bell County, Kentucky

Smith Family of Harlan and Bell County, Kentucky

Lynn Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 7:19AM GMT
Hello, I have much information about the Smith Family of Harlan and Bell county Kentucky, and also of Lee county Virginia. My info goes back to Noble Smith, born 1813. I have books and cemetary listings and some other info. If you think we may be connected I would love to share info. Waiting to hear from......you!

smiths

edna lee smith bouldin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 7:54AM GMT
your name is lynn taylor my aunts name is lynn taylor and were smiths are u the same lynn......or linda with a twin named glinda or biggin?please let me know cause if u are i can help.

harlan co smiths

james o.smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 9:23AM GMT
hi edna,i,m james o smith email james0038@aol.com i was born in harlan co. my great,great grandfather william smith was born there in 1811 i do not belive it was called harlan at that time.im trying to find who his father was i do know these smith came there on a military landgrant from where i dont know . this william smith,s dad had to be born the 1700,s if i can be of anyhelp to you . please emailme james 0038@aol.com

Message #10629

Ron Hutchison (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 9:31AM GMT
Please respond direct to RWHUTCH@BELLSOUTH.NET

harlan co smiths

james o.smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 9:37AM GMT
lynn im trying to find the name of my grt,grt,grt grandfather . his son was born 1811 harlan co ky his name is william smith any info? or if i can be of help to you email me james0038@aol.com

Jeani Casper (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 9:35PM GMT
Dear Edna, I'm not sure who sent me a relpy but I linked it to yours, Mine said it was from Rebecca Smith, though I could not find the reply! The names were all too familiar but when you stated that there were sixteen children, I don't think it's us. I am looking for six out of seven children, with the eldest being around 55+ Kenneth E.Smith and Joan Jesse,Mike,Tommy, Jeantte Gentile and a younger one, but we don't know much, The eldest Kenneth, worked at the Continental Can Co. In around 75' and all of them had about found each other and were looking for my husband Billy Casper in Mineral Wells. My mother in law cut the ties after being afraid she would loose the only child she could have, Billy. So in fear, she cut the contact. Funny over 20 years ago we could have already found them. Hopes and prayers to you and yours. Billy's wife, Jeani.

Smiths

Lynn taylor (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2001 8:33PM GMT
Edna, I am not the same Lynn Taylor that you are looking for. No, I don't have a twin, I don't have any sisters at all, just 4 brothers. i came from the southeastern part of Ky. I was Lynn Smith. If you have any ancestors in that area maybe I can help you.e-mail me back

Harlan co. smiths

Lynn taylor (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2001 8:41PM GMT
James, i would like to help you, but I need more information. William Smith is a common name, especially for that area. if you could give me a middle initial or spouse, or children i could narrow it down. Do you have any other smiths that you might need info on if so e-mail me.

harlan co. james

harlan co. smiths james (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 2:23PM GMT
lynn,the william smith i was talking about was born 1811 possible related to noble . this i know for sure. he was in the cival war.co.h.47th reg.kentucky volnters .discharged 12 26 1864. he had 1 son for sure. jacob gilliam smith he was known as jake smith born 1835 jake had sons and daughters
john dixon smith a son was my grandfather.his son william irvin smith my dad born 5 10 1896 and i am james o smith his son. william could have been married to a gilliam .lynn help if you can. thanks james

hi lynn

edna lee smith (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 9:56AM GMT
i'm sorry ,wrong lynn my aunt was lynn smith too now lynn taylor thanks for responding
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions