Search for content in message boards

Sharon Baptist Church Cemetery, near Laurel in Jones Co, MS

Sharon Baptist Church Cemetery, near Laurel in Jones Co, MS

Posted: 18 May 2004 4:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 5:24PM GMT
Greetings from Canada,

Would anybody know if there's a cemetery book for the Sharon Baptist Church Cemetery, near Laurel in Jones Co, MS?

I'm trying to find out if a Mary E or Mary Temple or Temples is buried there.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
PK Murphy in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Sharon Baptist Church Cemetery, near Laurel in Jones Co, MS

Posted: 26 May 2004 6:36PM GMT
Yes there is a cemetery listing for Sharon cemetery. I checked it and found a Mary B. Temple born 1903 and died 1928. You might want to search the Mississippi Death Index to see if a person by that name has a death certificate. I have the index for 1912-1943 at work if you would like to email me at geneal@laurel.lib.ms.us
Susan

Posted: 29 May 2004 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 5:24PM GMT
Dear Susan Blakeney,

Thank you so much for your help!

I don't know if the Mary Temple you found is related to the one I'm seeking, but won't rule that out.

The one I'm seeking isn't my direct line - I'm trying to help an elderly kinsman find out what became of her and her husband.

The Mary Temples I'm after was born c 1840 and married Needham H Temples in 1858. She appears on the 1860 and 1870 Jones Co censuses but does not show up on the Jones Co census for 1880.

Her brother-in-law, Lorenzo H Temples in buried in the Sharon Baptist Cemetery. It's thought that her husband, Needham H Temples, might be buried next to him, but there seems to be no record for him.

Needham H Temples served as a private with the Mississippi 37th Regiment, CSA, Co E, Clarke Co, Mississippi. He died in hospital on 20 October 1862. Neither the name or the location of the hospital are in his compiled service record. Nor does it say where he is buried.

We are interested in Mary Temples for her own sake. But I'm also seeking her in the hope of finding where her husband is buried. The church's records don't seem to be in any repository, or I would try that route.

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,
PK Murphy in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Mike Ulmer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2004 9:56PM GMT
Susan please let me know if you have imformation on Luther Ulmers burial records.

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 10:36PM GMT
Luther, would you be able to locate an old map of Jones County that would ahow the locations of the cemeteries?

It would be of much help in studying the county.

Charles Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2004 9:49AM GMT
There is a map showing the location of churches and/or cemeteries at http://www.mdot.state.ms.us/business/maps/map_online.htm. Select the county maps and the index has symbols for churches and cemeteries. This is not 100% complete, but is very close, and it certainly is not old, but may be of help. You will need Adobe Reader to view the map.

Posted: 13 Aug 2004 9:15PM GMT
Do you know when Luther Ulmer died? That would make my search so much easier.
Thanks

Posted: 1 Oct 2004 5:40AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2004 4:31AM GMT
Surnames: Nowell
My father-in-law Robert Joshua Nowell nick name Tack Nowell also went by the name of R.J. Nowell died in the early 1920, my mother in law is deceased also all his children, no one seems to know the date of his death, would you try to find his death date for me please. He is buried at Myrick Cemetary no date on headstone. My husband too is deceased and he never knew his dad. Please Please I am trying to compile some type of genealogy for my seven children who never knew they grandfather. Cecile D. Nowell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic