Search for content in message boards

Record retrieval from St Louis County Recorder of Deeds in Clayton

Record retrieval from St Louis County Recorder of Deeds in Clayton

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burroughs; Keltner
Hello. I hope somebody might be able to assist me. I am based in the UK and am putting the finishing touches to an academic thesis, the first draft of which needs to be completed before Christmas. St Louis County Recorder of Deeds in Clayton have verified that they hold a marriage record for the marriage of William S. Burroughs to Nina F. Keltner. The marriage took place on 6th June 1896 and the license number specific to this document is 1896-B003P578A.

I desperately need a copy of this record within the next fortnight. If I post an application in the mail, I am certain that I won't receive the record until early in the new year. Is anybody on the list available to retrieve this document for me from Clayton? I will, naturally, arrange payment for the record (and for your time and effort) by the most convenient method (i.e. Paypal). I would need a scanned copy emailing to me at the earliest opportunity, and the paper copy mailed to me at a later date.

If anybody is able to assist with this request, I would be most grateful. Many thanks.

Simon

Re: Record retrieval from St Louis County Recorder of Deeds in Clayton

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jan 2013 5:29AM GMT
St. Louis County Library might actually be the quickest method for you or someone else to get the document - they have the St. Louis County marriage records (1877-1980) on microfilm. Electronic scans are sent via email for no charge. (They will mail a paper copy for a fee if you need a paper copy)

Instructions:
http://www.slcl.org/genealogy-and-local-history/services

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions