Search for content in message boards

ilg/Schmidt Family

ilg/Schmidt Family

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ilg, Schmidt, Buer, Duever
I am looking for members of the Ilg family who grew up in St. Louis on Pennsylvania in 1940. My great grandfather's name is Joseph Ilg, married to Margaret Ilg nee Buer and had a daughter, Ruth (My grandma). He had a brother named John Ilg, married Leona Ilg nee Duever and had two children, Anna Marie and Joseph. Anna Marie married an Edward Schmidt. I don't have any record of children, but I know there are some. I went to take pictures of their headstones and noticed Edward & Anna Marie's (Along with John & Leona's) headstone was decorated for Christmas. I've have pictures of the headstones at Mount Olive Cemetery for viewing on Findagrave.com. My grandma, Ruth and her cousin, Anna Marie, grew up together. If you are related, could you please contact me? I have pictures of the family I want to share and need help identifying some faces. Thank you!!

More info about Joseph and John Ilg. They were the only two children that survived into late adulthood, of Pauline Ilg (Baumgartner) nee Kimmerle. Her burial plot, along with two brothers (Otto & William) are buried in Mount Olive Cemetery right by John, Leona, Edward & Anna Marie.

Re: ilg/Schmidt Family

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 4:55PM GMT
Do you know where from Germany your ILG originated?
Rose, Germany

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Ilg, Sepreibar
Yes, Frank Ilg was born Oct 2, 1860 in Wirtenberg, Germany and came to America Oct 1888. His parents Jacob Ilg and Madaline Sepreibar were born in Germany, but I don't know where and I don't have dates for them. I have included a page from our family history book showing the information. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 11:46AM GMT
Surnames: Ilg/Schreiber
I have found them. Your ILG family is from Seitingen, near Tuttlingen, Baden-Wuerttemberger. A fellow researcher compiled them and gave his folder to me. I can send you family sheets in word format. Please give me your e-mail address or e-mail me simply at roseschiller@aol.com
The name Schreiber was butchered in Sepeibar, the real name is Schreiber
Rose

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 10:53PM GMT
Rose,

Are you serious?? Oh my goodness!! Thank you! My email is jrickards82@yahoo.com. This member who compiled them, are they related in some way? I am also looking for family who is alive today who is related because I have pictures I need identified. Thank you again!! Have a great day!

Jen

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 11:00PM GMT
absolutely serious!!!!!!!!!!
You will get the whole branch, much more than luck :-)
Rose
per page

Find a board about a specific topic