Search for content in message boards

Slocum Family, Alabama

Slocum Family, Alabama

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Slocum
I am in search of any one with information regarding the Slocum family. The only clues that I have into the part of my history is that my grandmothers name was Hattie Pearl Slocum and I believe she had a brother named Glenn. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Slocum Family, Alabama

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 4:30PM GMT
NOT RELATED, don't know if this is him...
very little found on ancestry.com,
when was your grandmother born?

Name: Glenn A Slocum
Street address: 101 Lakeshore Dr
City: Killen
County: Lauderdale
State: Alabama
Zip Code: 35645
Phone Number: 256-757-7736
==========================
Name: Hattie Slocum
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1928
Birthplace: Alabama
Parenst born Louisiana
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Race: White

Name: Onie Slocum
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1901
Birthplace: Louisiana
Parenst born Louisiana
Relation to Head of House: Employee
Race: White
Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Tullos, La Salle, Louisiana; Roll: 794; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 3; Image: 360.0
--------------
Name: Hattie Slocum
Age in 1910: 31
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879
Birthplace: Georgia
Relation to Head of House: Sister
Father's Birth Place: Georgia
Mother's Birth Place: Georgia
Race: Mulatto
John Slocum age 32
Jesse 28
Clifford 5
Hattie age 31
Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Anniston Ward 2, Calhoun, Alabama; Roll: T624_4; Page: 18A; Enumeration District: 22; Image: 938

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Slocum/ Alabama
Thanks so much for the kindness of your help. The little information that I was able to obtain from my mother this am was that she believed that my mother wss born in possibly burrmingham ala. sometime in november of either 1923 or 1924. She passed away in sept of 1983 at only the age of 59. My mother said that she didn't speak often of her past other than bits and pieces about her mother being a very sweet person and supposidly she died of murder/suicid at the hands of her husband I believe. Not even sure the year or what age she was. Somehow she ended up living in Conroe Texas. I believe this has been my hardest link to search due to such little info to go on. Thanks so much for your help and I will ck into this inforation. Have a great day.

Posted: 10 Jan 2009 12:32PM GMT
Who was Hattie's parents? Who did she marry? Any more info.you can send me the more I might be able to help.I like to help people if I can.

Posted: 10 Jan 2009 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Slocum Alabama
Thats my problem my mother never knew her grandparents due to apparently the grandfather murdering the grandmother and then himself. It apparently was something my grandmother never talked about and left us with no information. I do know that she married my grandfather Thomas Lee McGaha who was from Tennesse he was born March 7, 1918 and passed away in Conroe Texas on October 13, 1964. On his death certificate has his ss# 461-18-3923. I have not been able to locate my grandmothers for some reason. She divorced Thomas and later remarried a gentleman named Thomas Flannigan. She later moved sometime to Conroe Texas and passed away in The Woodlands, Montgomery county on Sept. of 1983. This is where I have been bumping agains the wall. Thanks so much for your help.

Posted: 11 Jan 2009 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Slocum
I did dig up a little info on my grandmothers family. She was born in Bessmere Alabama( not sure of spelling) Her father had died and it was her step father who killed her mother and then herself. They were living in texas at that time. I did also find out that her mothers maden name was walters and she is burried in Willis Tx. I am going to be beginning another search for that area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions