Search for content in message boards

Nidaros Ev. Lutheran Church

Nidaros Ev. Lutheran Church

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sandberg, Sundberg, Samuelson
I am researching my dad's Swedish grandparents in Ashland. He says they were members of Nidaros Evangelical Lutheran Church. Can any old timers tell me anything about its history and what became of it? Dad remembers the pastor's name was Houkum.

Re: Nidaros Ev. Lutheran Church

Posted: 4 May 2013 10:58AM GMT
What names and Dates do you have? Who are you looking for?

Re: Nidaros Ev. Lutheran Church

Posted: 4 May 2013 12:38PM GMT
I am particularly interested in finding a date of death for August Sandberg, who immigrated from Västra Tunhem, Ålvsborg, in 1888. His wife Elin and son Karl joined him in Ashland in 1890. Son Hilmer was born in Ashland in 1895.
August died a few days after a horrible accident in a blast furnace. The date will be in 1898 or 1899, according to family story.
Elin took in boarders to survive, and in 1900 married again, one of her boarders, Anders Fred Sundberg.
August was buried in Mount Hope Cemetery, but I am told a street widening obliterated the grave.
I have a few queries out to the state, but there's nothing like a good parish record. Thanks for any help you may be able to give.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions