Search for content in message boards

Jessie Price Dorman, possible adoption, need help

Jessie Price Dorman, possible adoption, need help

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dorman, Nabors
My great great grandfather was Jessie Price Dorman. The best information I have has him being born on September 15, 1892 in Little Rock. I was told growing up that either him or his father was adopted, and based on the lack of information I can find on him, I suspect it may have been him. If so, I was always told the birth surname was Nabors (or some spelling there-of). I know that at some point he left Little Rock and settled in Columbus, GA...but i'm not sure if that was before or after he was adopted. Does anyone know how I may be able to track him farther?

Re: Jessie Price Dorman, possible adoption, need help

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 2:30PM GMT
Jessie Price DORMAN, 25, born September 15, 1892 in Little Rock, Arkansas, appears in the June 5, 1917 World War I Draft Registration for Harris County, Georgia.

He was a farmer, living in Hamilton, Harris County, with his wife and five chilfen, and asked for draft exemption because of a physical disability.

Here's his death info:

Georgia Deaths, 1919-98

Name: Jessie P Dorman
Death Date: 22 Nov 1952
County of Death: Muscogee
Race: White
County of Residence: Muscoge
Certificate: 26202

Source Citation: Certificate number: 26202.

Source Information:

Ancestry.com. Georgia Deaths, 1919-98 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2001.
Original data: State of Georgia. Indexes of Vital Records for Georgia: Deaths, 1919-1998. Georgia, USA: Georgia Health Department, Office of Vital Records, 1998.

Description:
This database is an index of more than 2.7 million deaths recorded by the State of Georgia, USA, from 1919 to 1998. The index includes the name of the deceased, the volume of the certificate number, the death date, the race of the deceased, the deceased's gender, the county of death, the death certificate number, the date the certificate was filed, and the deceased's age.

© 2010, The Generations Network, Inc.
<< Return to Results Screen

Ssuggestion: look at his death certificate, and at the 1910/1900 Federal Censuses for Arkansas and/or Georgia. Perhaps you'll find more info there.

Also, try www.raogk.org (Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness) to find Arkansas and Georgia volunteers who may be able to help you with local researcy.

Good luck!

Re: Jessie Price Dorman, possible adoption, need help

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 5:04AM GMT
I am Catherine Sterling (Stirling) Smith. My great grandfather was Jessie Price Dorman. His oldest daughter Mary Estelle Dorman Sterling was my grandmother who died when my Dad, Emerson Lincoln Sterling was 18. He was very close to his mother and was told by her that her father was adopted. He was Indian. The only thing I have found so far is that he was from Kansas. If you have found any info since this was posted please let me know.
Thank You,
Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions