Search for content in message boards

BROWNSTOWN, County Kildare

BROWNSTOWN, County Kildare

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2005 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DOWLING
Could anyone please tell me where I could find the names of catholic church parishes around Brownstown? I am trying to locate records of great-grandfather Michael Dowling - born c.1845 - who states on the 1901 Census (Kildare) that he was born at Brownstown, County Kildare. Thank you for any help.

Re: BROWNSTOWN, County Kildare

Posted: 4 Sep 2005 8:22PM GMT
Brownstown Co. Kildare is in the Parish of Suncroft, Co. Kildare. They have Parish Records.

Rod (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2005 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: NOUD : GNOUD, GONOUD, KNOUD, KNOWD, NOWD.
(Brownstown Co. Kildare is in the Parish of Suncroft, Co. Kildare. They have Parish Records.)

I'm also interested in the Brownstown Co. Kildare in the Parish of Suncroft, Co. Can some one tell me the name and postal address of the Catholic church there and email address if they have one.

My interest in family names is NOUD
Variations of the Name NOUD :
GNOUD, GONOUD, KNOUD, KNOWD, NOWD.

Thanks Rod

Here's to you and yours and to mine and ours,
and if mine and ours ever come across to you and yours,
I hope you and yours will do as much for mine and ours,
as mine and ours have done for you and yours!
May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty.

Posted: 6 Sep 2005 5:40PM GMT
Phoned Suncroft Parish Office and they only keep records for the past 20 years or so.
They are at eMail:- suncroftparish@eircom.net.
They told me the records are in the County Liberary, Newbridge, Co Kildare
Try website Kildare.ie.genealogy
eMail:- kildaregenealogy@iol.ie
Phone 00 353 45 433602
Fax:- 00 353 45 449721
Joe Connolly

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 3:30PM GMT
You could try the school. They have some very old records there. Also, people born in Brownstown may also be from the Curragh - closer geographically or from Kildare town.

Good luck in finding information. Actually - there is still Nouds from around there living there at the moment. One of them is Fr. Dan Noud who went to Africa as a missioner. He frequently comes back to the parish on fundraising visits. Lovely man.

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: Dowling
I spent 26 years as Principal of Brownstown/Ballysax National School. In relation to the Dowling query there are school attendance books and original pupil registers dating back to 1901 held in the modern Ballysax N.S. These may be of help. The original Ballysax N.S. opened in 1839, this was replaced by Brownstown N.S. in April 1916, this in turn was replaced by the new Ballysax N.S. in 1994. The three school buildings are within a five minute walking distance of each other. The present Principal Ms. Esther Reddy might be helpful to you regarding accessing the school registers. The descendants and other relatives of Michael Dowling might be
noted in the registers. There is a Dowling family long time resident near the old Brownstown N.S.

Regards,

Micheal S. O'Ceilleachair (former Principal 1985-2011 retired).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic