Search for content in message boards

Bennetts of TN, NC(possibly GA and VA)

Bennetts of TN, NC(possibly GA and VA)

Angie Padgett (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 8:27PM GMT
I looking for descendants of Hardiman Bennett b. est1761-1790 in VA? Married to Permelia Young.
Children of Hardiman and Permelia:
Young Amanuel Bennett Sr
Hardiman Bennett
Polly Bennett
Elizabeth Betsey Bennett
John W. Bennett
Francis Bennett
Archibald Bennett

Young Amanuel Bennett Sr. bor March 9, 1812. d Nov 27, 1894. Married to Elmira Mease.
Children of Young and Elmira:
Jasper Newton Bennett
Archibald Lafayette Bennett
Creighton Maury BEnnett
Washington George Bennett
Sylvanus Crisenberry Bennett
Sophronia Elvira Bennett
Young Amanuel Bennett, jr
Manson Turner Bennett
Mary Louisa Bennett
Henry P. Bennett
Christopher Bennett
Hardiman M. BEnnett
Lucinda Bennett
I would like to find as many relatives as possible, but am especially interested in the line of Manson Turner Bennett. I show he married Laura Noland and their children were: Archie, Sallie(Sarah?), Robert Allen, and Annie. Robert Allen married Elizabeth Green(Greene?). I heard Elizabeth was full blooded Cherokee Indian, but have no facts to prove this. Their children were: Dellie, William Turner, Willcie, Mary, Grace, Nellie, Mollie Lauren(my grandmother), Lacy, Jim, Allie.

I would appreciate any information anyone has and will be very happy to share what I have.
Thanks in advance,
Angie Padgett email me at LPAGE31@AOL.COM

Bennett/Greene

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 10:37AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2003 6:26PM GMT
I am sorry I cannot help you with the Bennett name you are inquiring about. My great-grandmother was Celia Bennett from Virginia. Your people may well be from this group. Celia married William Kyle who served in WWI, France. I am looking for information on her (or him).

The name Greene is well known as a Melungeon name. These people are Native American, orignal Spanish or Portugese, etc. and are found in the southeast up to southern West Virginia, and came to Greenbrier Co., WV, where I live. They are mainly from eastern Tennessee, southwestern VA and Kentucky. These people were in the census as FPC or mulatto, regardless of nationality, until 1850 and then were allowed to call themselves Cherokee. Some "passed" as white in order to own land. They are extremely interesting and fairly newly discovered, a heritage to be proud of.

Re: Bennetts of TN, NC(possibly GA and VA)

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Just searching & found your post -- OMG 13 yrs ago! If you're still looking for descendants of Hardiman and Permelia's children, my line is from their son, Washington George b. 1839, and I have info on that line. Let me know. Also, my brick wall is finding parents of Hardiman; have you been successful in that regard? Found a cousin in Atlanta that has xlnt documentation of Hardiman and Permelia's children and has been published to the web. If you're interested, will point you in the right direction.
Thanks, Suzanne Bennett Mejica

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Bennett, Howarth
I'm looking for siblings and parents of William H Bennett born abt 1823-1825 in KY to parents born in VA. He died in Portland, OR in 1894. Married Jane Howarth (bat 1837-1883) and they had 9 children. Does he show up in your line?

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 1:55AM GMT
Sorry, doesn't fit anyone in my line. Good luck!

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 2:42AM GMT
I stumbled on your thread and I have records that show Washington George Bennett (11/6/1840-8/1/1919 was the offspring of Young Bennett and his second wife Elvira 'Allie' Meece (9/1/1811-11/28/1891.

I have a whole sheet on George Wahington Bennett married first to Alice Hardin then to Ruth Rogers. Let me know if you need any of this info.

Jennifer Bennett D'Avino

Btw..Hardiman's Parents were William Bennett and Sarah Griffin Wheatley

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 12:27AM GMT
I've searched Wm Bennett & Sarah Wheatley & thought they were parents of Hardiman Bennett, Sr. but unable to find documentation to that -- do you have proof docs? In the Haywood Co. library, I came across a database listing Dr. John Bennett (m. Mary York) as Hardiman M. "Doc" Bennett, Sr.'s parents. I have not been able to verify that yet & have contacted the genealogist who created the database. Haven't heard back from him yet.
I know it's confusing re Washington George Bennett & George Washington Bennett & they are two different people (Geo. W. not in my line). My line is definitely Washington George, wives Ruth Emaline Rogers & Alice Hardin. Not 100% sure which wife was lst or 2nd, but Washington & Alice are buried side by side in Greene Cemetery in Waynesville NC.
Would appreciate anything you have on Wash, Alice & Ruth to add to my collection. I have a lot of info on Young & Allie. Who heads your Bennett line?
Thx,
Suzanne Bennett Mejica
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions