Search for content in message boards

Gelineau to Juiellineau, France

Gelineau to Juiellineau, France

Posted: 6 Nov 2007 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gelineau, Juiellineau
I am looking for any documentation on Elie (aka Elie The Jew) Juiellineau.
He's a far back ancestor of mine and was wondering if anyone had any kind of documentation of his.

I would like to save a copy to my gedcom file so that when I post it for others they will also have a copy for their own records.

thanks

Re: Gelineau to Juiellineau, France

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 11:17PM GMT

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 11:19PM GMT
Marie Gelineau Dit Daniel was a descendant of Elie Juiellineau, or 'Elie the Jew'. Little is known about Elie, except that he was born around 1530 and is noted in the Biblioteque de Saintes as being called Juiellineau or Jullineau to indicate his non-Christian status in France. His son, Olivier (born abt. 1558) adopted the last name Juiellineau and married Louyse Roger. He was a literate man who could read and write and a member of the bourgeois class. He owned three properties: a water mill at Courpignac, France; a windmill at Guichardiere, France, in the parish of Thenac; and a mill on the river Seugne at Roisne )Roanne), near the mill at Courpignac. Olivier died at age 80 and he and Louyse were buried in the cemetery at Coupignac near the church at Gons.
Marie's parents were Joseph Gelineau Dit Daniel and MarieDesanges Bouteiller. They were married on October 18, 1802 in Chambly, Quebec, Canada. They had both been married previously; Joseph to Marie Angelique Monty; and MarieDesanges to Joseph Trudeau.

Joseph and MarieDesanges had two children:

*Marie Madeleine, who was born July 31, 1803 in Longueuil, Chambly, Quebec, and married Jean Marie Bessette on November 27, 1821 at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Chambly, Quebec. She died on January 06, 1894 in Plattsburgh, Clinton County, NY and was buried on January 08, 1894 in the St. Peter's Catholic Church in Plattsburgh, NY.

*Julie, born January 20, 1805 in Chambly, Quebec and married Alex Guertin on October 20, 1825 at St. Joseph's Church in Chambly, Quebec.

Joseph Gelineau dit Daniel died sometime before April 1807, and Marie's mother MarieDesanges, married again to Jean Baptiste Devoyau on April 6, 1807.

The Gelineaus' Dit name of Daniel came from Marie's great grandfather Daniel Gelineau, and was passed down through his son Joseph, and through Joseph's son, Joseph. Joseph's daughter, Marie, is shown as using the name Daniel in her children's marriage records, but in the census' of Clinton County, she is listed as Gelineau. She is also listed as Gelineau on her own marriage record, and the baptismal records of her children. Her burial record lists her as Marie Bessette Daniel Gelineau.

More information on the Gelineau's...

Posted: 9 Nov 2007 10:17PM GMT
thank you for the information

Posted: 28 Jan 2009 11:42AM GMT
Hi,
"mensa's" information is well put by many of our family members, however there is not documentation for Elie. Because of a fire most doc.'s are no longer available. The first and only documentation is the baptism record for Francois Juiellineau in 1661, you can find a copy of that on my family line, and there are many web-sites people have written on Elie and our family where you can link to that record. Good luck with your quest.

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 7:51AM GMT
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/g/e/l/William-Mar...

On this site you will find a comprehensive tree starting with Elie Le Juif/The Jew

I was able to trace my lineage from this tree. For my branch this tree ended at my great grandfather Léon Gélinas.

At one time I had found a pdf version of this that made it easy to navigate but I have lost that link. I am currently trying to find that link again as it was a really good resource. It was set up in a classic tree style.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions