Search for content in message boards

Wheeler = Morgan Co. KY

Wheeler = Morgan Co. KY

James Howerton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2000 4:57PM GMT
I have several Wheeler men married into my line. Seek information on them.
John R. born 1845 died 1915 married Ruth Howerton
Jasper M.Wheeler son of William Sarah ( Green ) married Lovella Howerton

Wheeler's

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 10:20PM GMT
May be just a coincidence but while searching for my grandfather Fred Wheeler of Illinois (parents Sylvester Wheeler Julia Degan) I found the name Jasper Wheeler in Wabash County Illinois cemeteries. Rochester cemetery. Another coincidence: The name Howerton is my former son-in-laws last name and also my grandaughter's. Any link to Wheelers please email me at corkyada@yahoo.com thanks Ada

Wheelers

James Howerton (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 1:59PM GMT
Ada, thank you for the reply.
Tell me what you know about your son in law's family. If he is like the 4th or 5th generation there in Illinois then I have his line = Nathan Howerton married a Fugate of KY moved to Ill. in 1820's. His wife ( Fugate ) was the sister to my 4th gen. back grandfather. Even in the present there are not that many Howerton's . U.S. Census listed 12,000 heads of house holds in the U.S. 1990.
If you are going to do a chart for your grand daughter let me know and I will try to help you.
What all do you know on your Wheeler line ?
Any connection to KY ?

Howerton/Wheeler families

Posted: 8 Jul 2000 10:32PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 10:20PM GMT
Hi James. I'm afraid I don't know too much about my ex son-in-laws family. I know his dad's name is Don (Donald) Howerton. He lives in Washington State. I have no idea where they are originally from, but I will find out. The Wheeler line is from Mount Carmel Illinois and Keensburg, Illinois, and Old Rochester Illinois. My grandfather was Fred Wheeler born around 1870s I think. His father was Sylvester Wheeler-his mother Julia Degan Wheeler. My grandfather was married to (l) Neecie Lovellette, mount carmel area, (2) my grandmother Ada Carbaugh Williams, Keensburg, Illinois. They had 3 children Mecile, Nolan, and my mother Aleta Genevieve Wheeler. I haven't been able to find anything much about my grandfather Fred Wheeler except that he died on Feb. 15 1924 in Parma, MO and that he was buried there. My great grandfather Wheeler and wife Julia was buried in Rochester Cemetery in Wabash county Illinois. I don't know where they were from originally. I will find out the information about the Howerton Family and let you know. Thanks for emailing me. Ada

Re: Wheeler's

Posted: 19 Mar 2002 11:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jun 2009 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler
Hello There, maybe we are relatives! My Grandfather married
twice in Morgan county Ky . 1. Margaret J. Gevedon,aug 5,1880 2.Lou Ann Fugett Feb4,1895. This is on my father's side - Augustus W. Wheeler He had a brothe alive in West Liberty Ky. I know in 1973 but Im sure he deceased by now.
If any of this helps you Im glad. Im new at this and could use all the help I can find! Please e- mail me at xstacy@fuse.net
I'll be looking for your response. Thanks
Felicia Stacy
Posted: 7 Apr 2004 11:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Felicia, Please excuse me but I have been looking for you for about 3 years now. My name is Tammy and I am the granddaughter of your sister Anita through her first husband Gordon Morris. My father was Phillip Dale Morris and my parents divorced when I was very young. I have been trying to find out all I can about his family and who he was. I have obtained alot of info on them, but am still in need of some more. I am his oldest daughter.
I can be reached at vetbrat37@wmconnect.com
I sure do hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Tammy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions