Search for content in message boards

Southern York County Families

Southern York County Families

Sterling Fritz (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fritz, Thomas, Sechrist, Nace, Wildasin, Shaffer, Jones, Ruhl, Seitz, Klinefelter, Strayer, Mayer, Snyder
I have done research on a number of families in the southern york county and northern maryland area over the last twenty years. I am familiar with most of the resources for those areas. If you have a question about an ancestor in that area, I would be glad try to help point you in the right direction or if I have information in my database I will be happy to share it with you.

Sechrist

Deanna Sechrist Mikiska (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sechrist
What sort of information do you have for the surname Sechrist? Perhaps you've run across some of my uncles in the Red Lion area--Tom Sechrist, Bob Sechrist (to name only two!). I know my uncle Tom was researching the family history but I haven't talked to him in a long time. At one point he wrote something about the family being from Rafz, Switzerland sometime in the 1750s. I think the spelling was different than it is now. Any info or pointers for doing research at a distance (I'm in Seattle, WA) would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 16 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: SECHRIST, CASLOW, HECKERT
I, too, amd searching for info on my Mother's father and his family. His name was Charles A. Sechrist b. 1885. His brother was William b. 1888 and a sister, Bertha b. 1891.
I was fortunate to get a lot of info from a Bob Secrist ( not related to these Sechrists) via the internet as he and his cousin have about 30 years of genealogy research on the Sechrists. You can reach him a SecristBob@aol.com.
My Charles' parents, according to Bob were Ira Siechrist and Barbara Caslow. Email me at Gbello5353@aol.com

Sechrist research...

Posted: 17 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Sechrist, Strayer, Snyder, Grim, Neff, Flinchbaugh, Kohler, Tyson
Sterling, I descend from the Jacob Sechrist & Susan ? buried at Zion Cemetery outside of Red Lion. I recently came across someone's tree who has a Jacob born c. 1815 to Wilhelm Sechrist (1770) and Esther Saddler. Would you have anything on this? My other Sechrist connection is Anna Mary Sechrist, wife of Jacob Kohler. She is listed as daughter of a Henry Sechrist from Chanceford. Appreciate any help or info and interested in exchanging info on other lines. Thanks! Linda Smith Ciprich

ZIEGLER, SLAGLE

Allen Ziegler (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ZIEGLER, SLAGLE
Do you have anything on these families ? Willing to share.

research

Jackie Dell-Shearer (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Rosier, Dell, Shearer, Simpson, Taylor

Would love to hear if you have any info on any of these names.

Taylor research...

Posted: 29 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 8:52PM GMT
Jackie, I would like to exchange Taylor info with you. I descend from the Melchior Flinchbaugh family and one of my ggrandmothers was a Sarah Taylor married to Daniel Flinchbaugh. I was able to trace her to a John Taylor c. 1806 - 1872 and his wife Sarah (?) c. 1811 - 1893. They were buried in Union Cemetery in Dallastown, York Co., PA. On the 1850 census that I traced them to, they are listed under York Township and have the following children with them:

Levi Taylor, 18 yrs old
Leah, 16
Sarah, 13 (later married Daniel Flinchbaugh)
Elizabeth, 9
Mary, 5
John, 2

If you connect to this family or have info, I would be thrilled to hear from you. If not, please let me know who you are researching and I will be glad to keep an eye out for your people as I look for mine. Thanks! Linda Ciprich

Stephen Jones

Sue Jones Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: jones
I am searching for Stephen Jones born about 1750, supposedly in York or Little York PA. I was told that Stephen's father hit a man in the head with a rock while in the woods. He took the infant Stephen and fled to KY, leaving behind a wife and another son. Stephen married Sarah Bennington, daughter of William Bennington in Harford Co. MD in 1780. Stephen shows up in the 1776 Census of Harford Co. as living at Bush River Lower Hundred. I am trying to find out any thing on him especially his father's name.

Sechrist/Slenker

Joyce D. Riley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Slenker, Sechrist
I have a Sechrist in my Slenker line. My gr. grandfather, Joseph Slenker of York County was married to Caroline Sechrist and had 15 children. Caroline is the daughter of Henry & Mary Sechrist. A brother of Caroline, Henry Jr. married a sister of Joseph Slenker, Rebecca Slenker.

Southern York Counties families

Posted: 21 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Shaffer, Ruhl
I have Adam Shaffer born 24-Jan-1796 md Susanna Ruhl born 07-Dec-1803, Need to find Adam's parents. I am at a brick wall, any information appreciated.

Thank you,

Bill Shaffer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions