Search for content in message boards

ADAM CAMP Beverly Twp Wentworth Co, Ontario Canada

ADAM CAMP Beverly Twp Wentworth Co, Ontario Canada

Posted: 7 Jan 2003 4:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Dec 2005 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: PERRIN SKINNER CAMP
I am researching the family of Adam Camp from Beverly Twp as an ongoing project to find the descendants of my immigrant ancestor to Canada, Thomas PERRIN of Mount Pleasant, Brant co., Ontario. Adam Camp's wife Mary Skinner, daughter of Benjmain Skinner and Emily Perrin, Was a granddaughter of Thomas Perrin and therein my interest.

1.I can't find death registrations for Adam or Mary Camp. They are in Beverly in 1871 census and I believe they are in Nassagaweya Twp Halton Co, Ontario in 1881. But nothing after that. Does anyone have anything else on this couple?

2. Daughter Emily Camp is with them in the 1871 census as a married woman with the surname Stevenston. I believe she is in the 1881 census in Brantford BRant co., as a widow using the surname FELKER and it looks like 2 children both Stephenson age 15, and 6, but all 3 have the first name Emily. Confusing! Also with them is Adam Camp age 24, Baptist , Scotch, so must be the same family. He is with the ADAM and Mary Camp in 1871 as age 14, along with a Thomas Camp age 5. These 2 are too young to be Adam and Mary Camp's children. Who are they? and does any one know where Emily went?

I'd appreciate any clues.
Joanna

Re: ADAM CAMP Beverly Twp Wentworth Co, Ontario Canada

Posted: 19 Feb 2005 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2005 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Camp/Kemp
In 1891, Adam & Mary Camp were listed as inmates in a House of Refuge, film T6325, Brant County, Ontario, A1- Brantford West Township, pg. 20:

Adam Camp, 74, born Ontario, parents born Ontario, Presb.
Mary Camp, 75, born Ontario, parents born Ontario, Bapt.

Posted: 19 Feb 2005 10:10PM GMT
Thank you Thank you Thank you !!
If you are related to this skinner/ Camp relationship and interested in what I have let me know. I'd be happy to share.
Joanna

Doreen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2005 9:16PM GMT
You mention and Emily Camp...or more than one, and this has sparked my interest! Do you have any idea who David and Mary Camp are? I have an Emely/Eleanor Camp, born Mar 11 1842 in Wentworth County, and David and Mary were her parents according to the Elgin County Marriage register, when she married my great grandfather on January 12, 1859. The IGI also has a record of this marriage, however they have her marrying I F rather than J F (John Frederick Burgar)..and have Burgar spelled differently as well.
I do have a picture of her grave in Richmond Cemetery. She died Jan 30, 1865, and left one son, Charles, who went on to live in Leamington.

Posted: 12 Mar 2005 3:16AM GMT
Sorry, I don't know about this David. I know there are a couple of David Camps buried in the Camp/ Skinner Cemetery at Troy, Beverley Twp, Wentworth Co but I don't have their dates.
Joanna

Doreen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2005 3:05PM GMT
I really didnt think Id find anything, but you never know if you dont ask. I doubt that Ill ever know, but thanks for replying.

Re: David & Mary Kemp

Cheryl (Kemp) Taber (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: Kemp
I am not related but have the following information which I hope is helpful:

Ellen Kemp, who married Fred Burgar (1838-1915), was the daughter of David Kemp & MaryTuttle. Ellen had older brothers named John, Joseph, & Matthew.

David Kemp was born in 1798, probably in the Niagara-on-the-Lake area of Ontario. He married MaryTuttle at the Stamford Associate Presbyterian Church on June 16, 1828. In 1832, he received Con. 2 Lot 28 in Beverly Tp., Wentworth County, ON, from the Canada Company & he was shown on the 1851 Beverly Tp. Agricultural Census. By 1861, he was shown on the 1861 Bayham Tp., Elgin Co., ON, census. David's first wife, Mary, died sometime between 1845 & 1861. He married secondly Annie Cook, who was a widow, in Bayham Tp. on Jan. 31, 1861. David & Annie Kemp were shown on the 1871 Bayham Tp. census. I believe they lived on Con. 5, S 1/2 Lot 7. David Kemp died on Oct. 27, 1880 & was buried in the Staffordville Cemetery, Bayham Tp., Elgin Co., ON. David Kemp left five dollars to his grandson, Charles Burgar, in his will. His 2nd wife, Annie, was living with her married daughter in Malahide Tp.

David Kemp was the eldest of 13 children. His father was John Kemp, born 1761, probably in New Jersey- died at Niagara-on-the-Lake on Aug. 6, 1837 & was buried in St. Mark's Cemetery. His mother was Catharine (maiden name unknown) born abt. 1779 - died late Feb. or early March 1859. Catharine Kemp was shown living with her son, Clark Lowry Kemp, on the 1851 Census for Eramosa Tp., Wellington Co, Ontario. Catharine died in 1859 in Hamilton, Ontario, & her obituary was in the True Banner & Wentworth Chronicle. She may have been living in Hamilton since her daughter Hannah Kemp Ashbaugh lived there.

David Kemp's grandfather was David Kemp who supposedly came to New Jersey from Aberdeen, Scotland, in the mid 1700s. David's wife's name is unknown. David Kemp fought for the British during the American Revolution but he did not petition for land until 1795. He stated in his petition that he had 12 children, 11 in the province. David received his land in Windham Tp., Norfolk County. He sold the land in 1805 and nothing more is known about him.

Cheryl (Kemp) Taber

Re: David & Mary Kemp

Doreen (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 11:44PM GMT
THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have filled in all the information that I have been seeking for more years than I want to admit to. Im sure Charles Burgars descendants will be pleased to know this too. God bless you!

Posted: 16 Jan 2007 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Perrin
Joanna
I'm a collector of antique spinning wheels. I have a Perrin wheel and I'm despirately trying to run down information on the maker of the wheel (Perrin). If any of your Perrin's were wheelwrights or otherwise makers of spinning wheels, I'd love to here from you.
Mike O'Donnell (kandddad@aol.com)

Re:Perrin spinning wheel

Posted: 16 Jan 2007 6:57PM GMT
Can you fix an age to it or know what part of the country it came from?
Joanna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic