Search for content in message boards

Charlotte Hickman

Charlotte Hickman

Posted: 1 Oct 2001 9:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Dec 2002 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Hickman
My father was born to a Charlotte Hickman in NY in 1949. She gave him up for adoption in 1950. The adoption certificate didn't mention a father. Does anyone have any information?

Re: Charlotte Hickman

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 1:53AM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2002 10:36PM GMT
Could it be? My father's father - a Hickman - had a younger sister named Charlotte. She would have been around 20+- years old in 1950... She never married to my knowledge, and she was quiet and kind. She was born in northern NJ. I didn't know much about her (I was young) and I believe she passed away a few years ago. As far as I knew she was always single and never had any children.... I'll ask my grandmother if she has any information.

Please confirm that you are still looking.
Sharon

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 7:56PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2002 12:16AM GMT
Yes I am still looking.

Posted: 24 Sep 2002 1:07AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 10:43PM GMT
Amanda,
If your grandmother is the same Charlotte Hickman, she is my aunt. She did live in NYC during that time. She was married to a man who did not want children. She did say she was pregnant but had a miscarriage. Please email with the information you have and I will try to help you. It is very possible it is the same person.

Posted: 10 Dec 2002 10:25PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2002 10:36PM GMT
Hello Amanda,
Eileen who responded to you (just below) is my aunt. We discussed this with my grandmother at a family wedding this year. It is very possible there is a connection because of a few inconsistencies with Charlotte at that time.
My aunt Eileen is the family historian and she has a wealth of information, please feel free to contact her.
Happy holidays,
Sharon

Posted: 29 Dec 2002 9:12PM GMT
Eileen,
Thanks for the response I have since obtained my fathers adoption papers. Her name is Carlotta Hickmon not Hickman common mistake because my name gets mispelled all the time. Anyway she was 17.5 when she gave birth in 1949 at Booth Memorial Hospital in Manhattan. She named my father Carl and gave him up at the Rebecca Talbot Perkins Adoption Society. If this matches your information please let me know. I really need to find out my medical history on my fathers side of the family.
Thanks again,
Amanda Harman

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 6:49AM GMT
Surnames: Hickmans
I had a Aunt Charlotte who was born in wheeling, WA but then moved to Charleston, WA in 1941.. Her parents were Harling and Norma Jean Hickman and is was one of twelve.. She married William Howard and moved to Ohio.. I missed you original posting, so I am not sure if I have the right Hickmans for you

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 6:49AM GMT
Surnames: Hickmans
I had a Aunt Charlotte who was born in wheeling, WA but then moved to Charleston, WA in 1941.. Her parents were Harling and Norma Jean Hickman and is was one of twelve.. She married William Howard and moved to Ohio.. I missed you original posting, so I am not sure if I have the right Hickmans for you

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 1:09AM GMT
When was she born? And does her middle name start with an A? Because I have this book with her name in it. Is this her? It is written in cursive saying, Charlotte A. HickMan. And under the name is the date: 1924
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions