Search for content in message boards

Charles H. French 1804-1894

Charles H. French 1804-1894

Posted: 9 Nov 2011 5:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone help me with finding a death certificate for my GG grandfather. I am trying to prove his father was Josiah French and mother Rhoda from N.H..

Thank you

Re: Charles H. French 1804-1894

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 4:03AM GMT
Know where he died?

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 4:30AM GMT
I think it was in BadAx or Marion Mi.. It definitely was in Mi.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: French, Smith,
Marion would be Marion Twp Sanilac Co, including Deckerville. Check out Sandusky District Library they have added their entire obituary and cemetery database for Sanilac County Area plus more at their site, free and searchable from Home. Check out Downing Cemetery, Wheatland Township (across the Rd. from Marion Twp), there are several French's buried in the middle of the Cemetery next to the Morden Plot. Checking SeekingMichigan.org another free site, I found a death certificate for Aaron French b. 26 Oct. 1839 Can, d. 18 Jun 1917 age 77y 7m 23d. s/o Charles H. French b. New Hampshire & Nancy Smith, b. Canada. Informant was Nelson French of Beaverton, MI. Aaron is buried in Croswell Cemetery, Croswelle, MI. Aaron died in Buel Twp, Sanilac County which is West of Croswell, MI. Some of those families migrated north from Worth & Buel Townships.

Karen bootstransinc@yahoo.com

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 9:43PM GMT
Thank you for the information I will visit the sites you suggested and let you know if I find anything.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 11:24PM GMT
At Sanduskydistrictlibrary.com click on 'Genealogy Tab' Then click on Cemetery search, putting Charles H. French in the search brings he and his wife Nancy as buried in the Colfax Township Cemetery, Huron Co., MI I believe that is the main cemetery at Bad Axe. I am president of Sanilac County Genealogy Society at present, you can contact me at my email if you would like. bootstrasninc@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions