Search for content in message boards

Quick (Marlboro County South Carolina)

Quick (Marlboro County South Carolina)

Wendy J. Patterson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2005 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Quick
I am looking for any information on my family which I don't know much about. My father's name was William T. Quick and his father was Thomas Quick. I know they both lived in Bennettsville, S.C. until their deaths. If you have any information that could lead me in the right direction. I look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Quick (Marlboro County South Carolina)

ken quick (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 7:06PM GMT
too close! My father was Vernon Coburn Quick and my mother was Barbara Ann Wimberly from Bennetsville S.C.. I have relatives there in marlboro County. any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Bev Benn (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2005 11:20PM GMT
We may be connected. My great-great grandfather was Bassett C. Quick, b ca 1813 in Marlboro Co., SC, d after 1880 in TX, md. Mary Etta ?, b ca 1808; children: Martha, b 1840, GA; John T., b ca 1843, GA, d 4/10/1877, Robertson Co., TX (plaque in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, New Baden, TX regarding his military service); Caroline, b 1845; Margaret, b ca 1849, GA; Rachel, b ca 1849, GA; ELmira, b ca 1840, AL, Sallie F. "Sarah", b 4/5/1854, Wilcox, AL.

Bassett & Mary owned 319.325 acres in AL and later in TX when they moved. Bassett was in the Confederate C-3 Battalion Alabama Reserves.

Sallie F. Quick was my great-grandmother; she md. John Edward Wilkerson, b ca 1843, on 8/18/1870, Wilcox, AL. John Edward d in AL & Sallie second md Eugene Eaton 10/4/1887, Franklin, Robertson Co., TX; children: Euna & Sullivan.

If we connect somewhere please contact me.

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 5:56AM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2005 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: QUICK
I am also looking for info on the QUICK families of Marlboro Co. Stephen Quick married Martha Davis - and she was born about 1838. I find them in 1860 and 1880.

Who were parents of Stephen? Did he die by 1900?

Thanks so much for any helps and suggestions!

Tami

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2005 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: Quick, Davis, Nicholson, Smith, Odom, Salmon, Barefoot
My Great Uncle was Vernon Coburn! E-mail me masrob4@hotmail.com. My grandfather was John Elmore.

Posted: 4 Nov 2005 2:33AM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2005 6:49AM GMT
Wendy-

what generation was your Thomas? There was a Thomas born abt 1851, son of Tristram. Any chance this is the correct family?

Tami

Dickie Quick (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2006 8:09PM GMT
Was your grandfather named Earl and was a farmer?
and did he live up highway 38 ?

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 4:39AM GMT
Did you ever find the parents of this Stephen? Did he stay in South Carolina? There was a Stephen living in Baker Co. Georgia in 1850 with a Martha Holmes/Thomas in 1850 census which I assume is his daughter and he could be the son of Aquilla Quick of Marlboro. I would be interested in hearing from you. I am looking for the parents of my gggrandfather from South Carolina coming to Fayette County, Georgia and marry Drucilla Turner in 1828. Please advise.

Mary

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 4:39AM GMT
Did you ever find the parents of this Stephen? Did he stay in South Carolina? There was a Stephen living in Baker Co. Georgia in 1850 with a Martha Holmes/Thomas in 1850 census which I assume is his daughter and he could be the son of Aquilla Quick of Marlboro. I would be interested in hearing from you. I am looking for the parents of my gggrandfather from South Carolina coming to Fayette County, Georgia and marry Drucilla Turner in 1828. Please advise.

Mary

Posted: 1 Aug 2007 4:52AM GMT
Just now seeing your message. This Stephen did not leave SC; he and his wife Maggie are buried in the Quick Cemetery near Highway 38 in upper Marlboro County, about 1/4 mile from the NC line. Stephen's father was Tristram and his mother was Frances Stephens. I am descended through one of Stephen's brothers, born and raised there in the same area. I believe this line goes back to Aquilla Quick from Tristram through Aquilla's son Stephen. I refer you to the Marlboro County GenWeb site for Aquill'a Will & Testament, which is very interesting reading, but also instructive on his family.

Lynn Steen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions