Search for content in message boards

Searching for family

Searching for family

Elizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2002 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather was Harry Fale Hisatake Sr., and I would like to know if any of my family is out there. I would like to get to know who my family is, and attempt to correspond. I was born on the mainland, but know I must have family in Pago Pago. If anyone has any leads I'd appreciate the assistance.

Re: Searching for family

Del (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2003 4:16PM GMT
the name definitely exists on the island. they should be in the phone book, call information. i believe the family had a store in the Utulei/Gataivai area (villages). haven't been back there in a while, but I assure you they are or were there. i hope you find them. if I can help further, you've got my addy.

Re: I'm replying to your message

Sineatu Laila Hisatake (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2003 4:51AM GMT
hey elizabeth, my name is Sineatu Laila Hisatake, I am the daughter of John (Titom) and Leone Hisatake. I am the great grand daughter of Charlie and Tovaega Hisatake and the grand daughter of Loia Pioi and Katie Hisatake. When I was born I never met my grandfather. I met only my grandmother and she died two days later before I met her. I am 22 years old and I am a student. The only harry I know is my fathers first cousin name Harry Hisatake, he resides in California but Im not quite sure where I can reach him. Well you can reach me at my email and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Sine

Re: I'm replying to your message

Posted: 21 Sep 2010 5:22PM GMT
Its been quite a while since someone updated. I'm eighi hisatake 3rd, son of Eighi hisatake 2nd. There is nothing here. And are family is f'n huge.

Re: Searching for family

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 1:29AM GMT
Hello Elizabeth, my name is Trina and I am married to Allen Hisatake who happens to be your cousin from American Samoa. Allen's parents have resided in Aua, Am. Samoa for years, but I know a lot of your family history. Your grandfather Harry had 4 brothers--Pioi, Tutuila, Charlie, & Jack. His 2 sisters were Eleanor and Laila (the youngest). Grandpa Harry was the 2nd to the oldest and was the father of Anthony Faipa Hisatake who happens to be my father-in law and is the only one of his siblings who has passed away. Harry's wife Fale or grandma Fale is burried right next to the Hisatake residence. So yes your Hisatake family is alive and well in Aua.
If you have any questions, let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic