Search for content in message boards

Seeking parents of Kate Reba Callis of Gwynn's Island, VA

Seeking parents of Kate Reba Callis of Gwynn's Island, VA

Jim Rice (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 12:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Callis, Carney, Hurst
Hello,

I am researching the ancestry of my step-children on their father's side. His mother was Ruby Geraldine Carney, daughter of John W. Carney and Kate Reba Callis of Mathews Co., VA. Per the 1920 census listing, Kate was born about 1894. I don't have online access to an index to the 1900 census, but I'm assuming Kate is there as an approximately six year old daughter in some Mathews Co., VA Callis household.

Maybe some of you here have information on Kate's parents.

I've tried to email one of the posters to this board, but spam blocker software seems to have knocked me out.

Thanks for any help, Jim Rice

Re: Seeking parents of Kate Reba Callis of Gwynn's Island, VA

Roland Callis (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 7:08PM GMT
Kate Reba Callis' father was James Otis Callis 1860 - 1917, her mother was Ruby Thomas Respess 1868 - 1924. Both are burried in Gwynn's Island Cemetary, Mathews, Va.

How are you related?

I have more information on the Callis side of the family.

Re: Seeking parents of Kate Reba Callis of Gwynn's Island, VA

Margaret Artoux (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2004 1:43PM GMT
I am not related to this line of Callis. I did research for a friend in CA who is related to Callis. The line I have dates 1844 with a Thomas Canada Callis b. 26 May 1844 in Logan, KY. m. 25 Dec. 1865 in Santa Barbara,CA to Martha Benn b. MO. Thomas' parents are Henry Banister Callis and Lucinda Jane Robinson.
Callis children: Robert C. b 1881Santa Barbara,CA
William b. 1868
John b. 1869
Minnie b. 1870
Nancy b. 1872
George b. 1873
Charles b. 1876
Edwin W. b. 1879
This is probably not much help to you, but it is all I have on record. Good luck!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions