Search for content in message boards

James M. Casey - 1800''s

James M. Casey - 1800''s

Posted: 12 Oct 1999 5:00AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 4:46PM GMT
I'M LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON JAMES M. CASEY, WHO WAS MARRIED TO ELIZABETH FARRELL. THEY MAY HAVE BEEN FROM KERRY COUNTY, IRELAND. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT:
sleray@aga-engineers.com

James Casey - Ireland 1800's

Alice Tomlin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 6:00PM GMT
My great great grandfather's name was James Casey. He was from Ireland may have been born around 1800, came to America on business in 1821. He was married in Ireland, his wife from there died. I do not know her name. He left their two daughters, Mary Casey (born 1830/31) and her sister Ann Casey, who were born in USA. he travelled back and forth from Ireland to America doing the family mercantile business (linen etc) and later brought his daughters here and had a mercantile business in downtown Manhattan, New York City. I know their business was in the NYC directory in 1856, but may have also been before that. Mary Casey was my great grandmother. I believe that James father's name was John Casey who was born in Ireland (don't know exact town for sure) around 1770. John Casey came to America on business in 1785, and made several voyages back and forth and I believe began the Casey's mercantile in downtown Manhattan. He died in 1821 as far as I can find out.
James' second wife here in usa was Kathy or Cathy Kinsella, an American.

So, please let me hear from you if any of these things about our James Casey seem familiar. I have other information too.

Thanks

Casey Family

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 5:02AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 4:46PM GMT
Hello Alice,
I don't think these are the same families.
Thank you for writing.

Re: James Casey - Ireland 1800's

kevin casey (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 5:00PM GMT
alice i have a james casey born 1842 married maggie carroll then nellie hayes they have 9 kids two of them we have no names for all i have is names but ido have the family of james like brothers and sisters did your james family ever visit drom,rathleasty in tipperary hope to hear from you soon kevin

Re: James Casey - Ireland 1800's

Alice re: James Casey (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2001 1:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Casey, Kinsella, Daly, Reville
Kevin, thanks for the message, although I'm very sure this isn't the same family. I read your other posting....how interesting....keep up your search - Alice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions