Search for content in message boards

David Chapel, b. 1804 CT, family lived Jackson Co. Michigan

David Chapel, b. 1804 CT, family lived Jackson Co. Michigan

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Aug 2005 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Chapel, Avery, Jones
David Chapel b. 1804 CT, died 1875 Parma Village, Jackson, MI, wife Sarah Steves Avery b. 1813 VT. Married 8 May 1834, in MI. Kids: George b. 1835, Ann 1837, Adella 1840, Royal 1843, Rollins? 184? can't read it, David Jr. 1855, all born MI.1850 census MI, has 73 yr old Emma Avery b. CT, Sarah's mother. Still need her father and David's parents.

I believe that David had a sister Anna b. 1800 CT who married Lyman Jones. Who are the parents of Anna and David? They all lived in Jackson Co. MI, Can you help? Thanks, Althea

Re: David Chapel, b. 1804 CT, family lived Jackson Co. Michigan

Posted: 18 Apr 2004 8:48PM GMT
The parents of David Chapel were:
father- Charlot Chapel, son of Atwell Chapel
mother- Sally Miner

Sarah Steves Avery
may be the daughter of Ashbel Stevens Avery and Eunice Allen
If that is so, she was born 03 JUL 1813

Source: LDS records

Althea Troutman (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2004 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Chapel, Avery
Thanks for your message, quite a nick name you have also.
So, are you interested in this Chapel line or just helping?
I will look at LDS records on David. I think do think, that Sarah's mom was Emma Avery, her married name that is, because of the 1880 census, she was 73 b. CT, but I do have Sarah was born abt. 1813 from census records, which I found them in 1850 and 1870 MI census and their death records from MI, died in the same month and year. Well, please let me know what you are thinking about them both and thanks again. Althea

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 2:19AM GMT
Althea,
I sometimes use that nick to defend against spam. Sorry for any confusion.
My Chapel line is from New London and Montville. I have visited there and been to Atwell Chapel's resting place. It is all very interesting.
I did check Baker's "History of Montville" and he mentioned Charlot Chapel there.
If I can help you any further, please let me know.

~Ima

Posted: 3 Mar 2005 3:29PM GMT
Don't know if you are still looking....my husband is descended from David's brother Samuel. We live in Jackson County and I have information that may be helpful including an article about David and also some articles and pictures of the Chapel family. I just started working on the Chapel side this year so hadn't seen your question earlier.

Posted: 19 Nov 2010 8:33AM GMT
I lived in a house built by David Chapel before we remodeled our attic the wall had a stamp on the wall D Chapel. The house next to Chapel Cemetery is still owned by his decendants. I stopped by there and talked to the owners once upon a time

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Chapel
I believe that David's father was Charlot Chapel (b. 1770) and died December 21, 1839 of smallpox. The mother was Sally Miner, born in177o and Died November 29, 1839 of smallpox. Sarah's father was Ashbel Avery or Abraham Avery (b. July18, 1744 in Montville, New London Cty, Ct). Sarah's mother was Rebecca Stevens (b. about 1750 in New London, Ct).

I am doing some genealogy work
per page

Find a board about a specific topic