Search for content in message boards

Guinan name changed to Guinen

Guinan name changed to Guinen

Posted: 4 Sep 2007 11:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Guinen, Guinan, Willet
Hi, my dad is looking for distant relatives.
His fathers name was William Guinen.
Williams father changed his name due to a family dispute.
Our family came to USA during the potato famine in the 1800s.
Around the middle of the century to be more specific.
Anyways, William went to Tiverton, Rhode Island, and eventually settled in Boston/Fall River area.
William had 6 children.
One named John [my father]
4 boys, 2 girls. If im correct.
William also had siblings.
Ernest, Bernard, John aka Jack, Agnes, Joseph.
He married Elena Willet.
His parents names were Julia and Joseph.

The family was raised mostly in the Boston/Fall River area.
Please if you have any more information, or suspect you are a relative, I beg you, PLEASE email me, and we can chat.
My dad was born in 1939, hes getting up there in age, and as he says hes the last of the mohicans. [Last of his family.]
All his siblings died. He has noone else except for immediate family, and would love to meet some more Guinans/Guinens.
Please. Get in touch.
-Chelsea

Re: Guinan name changed to Guinen

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 6:54PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2009 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Guinen, Guinan,
don;t leave out my father edmund guinen,got info if needed.alan guinen at ruggles5726@aol.com.phone 413-4455783

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 2:22PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2009 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Guinen, Guinan,
Just came across your post. I am married to a Guinen with all the same family members names you mentioned...and similar family stories. I did find many misspelling in the names when searching and 'found' ancestors almost by accident. I believe my husband may be related to your father. I have not heard of John's whereabouts for some time, last I heard he was in New Hampshire and moved to Florida. If this is the same John Guinen, please contact me for further updates. Do you have
any brothers and sisters? What state are you from?

Posted: 9 May 2009 10:47PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2009 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Guinen, Guinan
He had one brother, William, 4 sisters, Jeanette. Marjorie, Evelyn and Ruth,

Re: member requested to admin delete message

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Guinen
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 2 Jun 2013 7:48PM GMT

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 7:14AM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:12PM GMT
Ok, as you and the first Elaine have the number "42" in your screen names, I am to assume you are the same person, correct?

My father only remembers two Elaines, and he doesn't remember ever having a falling out with them, so he would like to know who you are and how you know of him. If you could let us know, that would be excellent.

-Chelsea Guinen

Posted: 28 Jul 2010 6:52PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:14PM GMT
Hi,
My name is Corrie Guinen. Ernest was my grandfather. His parents were Joseph and Julia (Larocque). His brothers were William, Joseph, Edmund and John (aka Red). His sisters were Mary Shepherd, Agnes Dagnault, Margorie Menard and Eleanor Jackson. My grandfather, Ernest, had 3 sons, Enrest Jr. Kenneth and Gary (my dad). We all still live in the Fall River area. My dad is still in touch with some of his cousins, that are close in age to him, mostly Red's kids i think. Would like to connect some dots with everyone on here.

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: guinen
don't forget edmund m guinen from fall river.his grandparents wear william guinen and mary tracey from lowell ma.--------hi one bunnys kid alan guinen from pittsfield ma.

Posted: 15 Oct 2010 3:18PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:15PM GMT
FYI - I believe Elena's maiden name was spelled "Ouellette". She was my paternal grandmother but died before I was born. I did know my grandfather, William, though. He died when I was about six. Nice man. My father, William (Bill) Guinen (Jr?), would take me to Fall River to visit his father at his apartment now and then. I can still hear the Red Sox playing on the radio in the background.

Posted: 22 May 2011 3:11PM GMT
my mothers name was Elaine Guinen, god rest her soul. She was the daughter of Edmund Guinen from Fall River, MA Just wondering if that was one of the Elaines your father remembered?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions