Search for content in message boards

kALB Family - New Jersey

kALB Family - New Jersey

Posted: 15 May 2002 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Kalb
I am looking for information on the Kalb's from New Jersey, I was able to find out that my grandfather was born or lived in Newark, in 1931 my mother was born to a Jack Kalb and my grandmother Betty in Bridgeport CT.
Would anyone have any information on the Kalb family heritage?

Re: kALB Family - New Jersey

Kathleen Chaffee-Brownston (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2002 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: Kalb, Korn
Hello.. I'm researching the Kalb and Korn Family. I know Rose Kalb came to the US through Newark NJ approx 1912. Rose Korn married Max (Mechel) Kalb in Detroit. Rose Kalb was Mechel's Sister so Im sure a lot of the family came into this country either through NY or NJ. They were all from the area around Tarnow Austria which became part of poland. I don't have other siblings names at this point other than Mechel and Rose Kalb. I know there is an Isadore and Sadie Kalb with a son Danny in that area. They were cousins to Mechel. Could there be a connection?

Re: kALB Family - New Jersey

Posted: 21 May 2002 4:57PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 2:56AM GMT
Possibly - could be a connection. I do not know where my great grandparents were from.

What religious background did your family have ? My grandfather is jewish.

Re: KALB Family - New Jersey

Posted: 22 May 2002 12:32PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: Kalb, Anderson
Yes my husbands family is Jewish also. Rose Kalb was his grandmother. Whats confusing is that there are a lot of women named Rose. So at one point there were two Rose Kalbs who were sister-in-laws to one another. I know at one point Rose worked as a housekeeper. The other Rose Kalb married a man named Anderson and I wil be talking to her son and maybe he can lend some light on this.

Posted: 22 May 2002 2:27PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 2:57AM GMT
Thank you so much ! It sounds like there could be a connection

My grandfather Jack Kalb (I'm not sure if his first name is John and they called him Jack) and my grandmother lived in Weathersfield CT, and then later in Stratford, CT. My mother was born in Bridgeport, CT.

I do believe my grandparents met in NYC - and for many years after my mother was born I do know that my grandmother continued to have a flat in the city.

Any information would be helpful

Thank you again!

Posted: 9 Dec 2002 9:04PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: Kalb, Anderson
ROSE KALB ANDERSON WAS MY GREAT AUNT.HER SON'S ARE EUGENE AND THE LATE DANNY.HER BROTHER'S WERE MAX,ISADORE AND WILLIAM SHE HAD A SISTER NAMED SADIE.THE OTHER ROSE KALB WAS MARRIED TO MAX.WILLIAM WAS MY GRANDFATHER.

Posted: 10 Dec 2002 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 2:58AM GMT
Hello Barbara!! If you didn't realize it I am Mindy's Daughter-in-law (Chucks Wife) I've been trying to find details of the family and its been very sketchy. i'd love to exchange info with you. Do you have any pictures you'd like to share too? Please contact me at kbrownst@hotmail.com. Glad to see you saw my message.

Posted: 27 Dec 2010 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Kalbs, Jacobs
Hi. I am having a very difficult time finding family of Harry and Frieda Kalbs. They may have had a daughter,but I am unsure of her name. It might have been Dorothy or Gertrude and I think she was adopted. Anyway, Frieda Kalbs'maiden name was Jacobs,. She was the daughter of Nathan ( Nashum ) and Minnie Jacobs. They lived in Philadelphia mostly but there is a connection to New Jersey as well. I have heard that Harry Kalbs was in the police force of Philadelphia, back in the 1920's through 30's. Any help would be much appreciated. I do not know if Freida took another name of Rose later in life? Thanks, Margy Resnick Feigelson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions