Search for content in message boards

Clyde Strawser

Clyde Strawser

Posted: 27 Mar 2005 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, Looking for information on Clyde Strawser. Wife was Olive Milligan. Both were in orphanages in Athens County Ohio. Had son and 2 daugthers. Looking for Parents etc...

Thanks April Strawser, Ohio

Re: Clyde Strawser

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 2:58AM GMT
Clyde Valentine Strawser Sr parents:

William A Strawser 1873-1960
Loverna Florence Unger 1876-1962

Loverna divorced William and married George Hill in 1924. She left the children with William. She and George lived in Florida for a while and moved back to Ohio and lived in Summit Station.

April (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2005 4:11AM GMT
Thank you sir! My father in law is Clyde Valentine Strawser Jr. He just turned 70 and was quite facinated that I found info on his mother Olive Milligan. He couldn't remember the names of his grandparents but did remember the name Hill. I'm guessing that this must be a Step grandfather. I'll go check the charts now to see if there is any info on them.

My husbands family is VERY small-- but then, maybe not if there are other relatives out there doing research also. I always knew it to be just my father in law, and his 2 sisters--one of which I don't think married nor had children and is now deceased. The other sister did have children. There are as of yet No grand children for Strawser jr.

Just for refrence if anyone was looking.

April

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 5:48AM GMT
Here are some scans you might be interested in...the postcard would be from Loverna and her second husband. Your father in law is my first cousin once removed.
Attachments:

Re: Doris Strawser

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 5:57AM GMT
Missed this...Doris was married...no children

Doris Clutter
MOUNT VERNON — Doris (Strawser) Clutter, 74, of Mount Vernon died Sunday, July 4, 2004, at Knox Community Hospital in Mount Vernon.
She was born Sept. 6, 1929, in Columbus to Clyde and Olive (Milligan) Strawser and had spent her lifetime in the Mount Vernon area. Doris attended the First Church of the Nazarene in Mount Vernon and was a member of the Mount Vernon Art Guild.
(I left out survivers)
Besides her parents she was preceded in death by her husband, Bill Clutter.
There will be no calling hours. Graveside service will be Saturday at 11 a.m. in Mount Vernon Memorial Gardens. The Dowds-Snyder Funeral Home in Mount Vernon is in charge of arrangements.

Posted: 30 Mar 2005 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Strawser
Just curious which line of Strawsers William and Clyde descend from. Thanks

Posted: 30 Mar 2005 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Strawser/Strasser Lively Rockey
Their parents John S Strawser and Melissa E Lively. From census records (and other on-line submissions) I have John S's parents as Jacob Strawser and Susannah Rockey. From on-line records the line appears to continue... Peter Strasser/Johan Christian Strasser/Johan Nickolas Strasser. I have not done that reseach for myself.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions