Search for content in message boards

JOHN COLLISON UEL 1778-1782

JOHN COLLISON UEL 1778-1782

Lloyd Collison (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2003 9:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Collison
As a direct descendant of John Collison UEL 1765-1826 (my GGGG grandfather). I am searching for any information on John's ancestors, parents and origin. We believe John was born in Ireland came to the USA between 1765 and 1778. His parents were alledgedly living in the area of Boston, Mass.
John served in the New York Royal Regiment in Capt. John Munro's 7th Company. John enlisted Sept. 1, 1778 and was listed on Jacob Farrand's Muster Roll dated December 24, 1782. He was listed as a "Drummer".
John recieved a land grants in Ontario Canada for his services to the Crown. (100 acres near the river and 200 acres away from the river).
Any information to help identify his parents or other data on John's ancestry would be greatly appreciated. This presently, is my "Brick Wall".

Re: JOHN COLLISON UEL 1778-1782

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 12:44PM GMT
I am also a descendent of John Collison and like you have reached a brick wall trying to locate his parents and other ancestors.
I was recently at a family funeral, Honery Collison Pye and the same week Susan Campbell Elliott (mother was a Collison)
both are first cousins from the Parry Sound Area.
They are the Grandchildren of John Albert Collison, son of Silas and Lydia.
I will kepp hunting!!

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Collison, Albrant, Collison, Collison
It appears our John did not have any parents, there has not been one clue as to who they were in all the years I have been searching for them.
I would love to correspond with you and compare notes on other Collison data, you can contact me direct at:
llo_co1@yahoo.com
I had Honery's Husband listed in my files as Wye not Pye am I wrong ?
I would like to know more about Susan Cambell Elliot and her mother(Collison). I am a Collison genealogy addict and I'm always looking to fill in new blanks in our lineage.

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Collison, VanSteinbergh
Yes you are correct it is WYE..it's my typing not my spelling that goes off!!!
I also metKim Barber, at Honery's Funeral she is the daughter of Clarence Collison and the Granddaughter of Loftest Collison who is my father's first cousin. I believe you and her have corresponded as well. I have several old photographs as has she we promised to send to each other.
I have a site on Ancestry.ca "Campbell Family Tree" home person Verna lister.
The linage uis:

Silas Collison and Lydia
to Son John Albert Collison who m. Mary Ann VanSteinburgh
They have six children
Hariet, Elmer, Lelita"Lettie", Effie, Annabele "Annie", and Charles.

Annabelle (my grandmother) married Alexander 'Sandy Campbell
Charles (Kim's gratgrandfather) married Alice Campbell
so Annie and Charles where brother and sister
and Alexander and Alice where brother and sister....so the family where very close..as they also lived next to each other on large farms and logging territory in Parry Sound..
Each of their siblings had a best friend who was a cousin next door.

Annie and Sandy's Children
are Edith (died as infant), David, Ruby 1915-2009, Albert Edward "Pat".1918-2008.my father... then Susan Emma Campbell Elliot 1920-2010, Malcolm, Lawrence, Harriett Edna, Audery, and Kenneth.
Only Malcolm, Edna and Audery are still living.

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 7:26AM GMT
Surnames: Collison, Quinnell
My great-great grandmother was named Pauline Collison. She married Charles Quinnell. His brother John Quinnell married Rebecca Collison. Rebecca was the descendant of John Collison UEL via his son John and grandson Cornelius (Silas). I have been unable to locate the parents of my great-great grandmother Pauline but believe that she must have been related to Rebecca. I know that Levi, the eldest son of Pauline and Charles Quinnell was born at Iroquois, ON. A later son, Charles (my great-grandpa), was born at Sarnia, possibly on their way to North Dakota where they settled. John and Rebecca Quinnell proceeded on to Star City, Saskatchewan, where my great-grandparents eventually joined them. Can anyone help me identify the parents of Pauline Collison? Unfortunately, I do not have any dates for her or any other information, except that she died at the age of 45.

Tonya Lambert

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Collison Quinnell
Tonya
First off, we are cousins. 2nd I have information oh your Quinnell's and Collison's.
e-mail me direct at :
llo_co1@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic