Search for content in message boards

Vencl DVORAK and Mary DVORAK

Vencl DVORAK and Mary DVORAK

John DVORAK (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jul 2008 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: DVORAK
I am searching for Vencl DVORAK and Mary DVORAK who were married together in matrimony in Bohemia. It was before 1894 as my grandfather was William J DVORAK and he was born in Muscoda Wisconsin in the USA. And his parents were Vencl and Mary DVORAK who came to the USA previous to that. They had 4 boys and possibly a girl and boy who died very young. Evidently the girl died at age 2 and was named Amilia DVORAK. The son was Josef DVORAK and he died at age 5. This was between 1886-1887. My grandfather (William J) brothers were Frank DVORAK, Joseph DVORAK, and Vandy DVORAK. Thank you for your help.

Anton@tcpbbs.net
John DVORAK

Dvorak

Posted: 27 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Dec 2003 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: Dvorak, Doubrava
John,

The Frank Dvorak that I have is married to Josephine Doubrava as my great grandfather's obit has put Frank as being married to Josephine. Must be another Frank.

Charles, USA

Vencl and Mary DVORAK

John Dvorak (View posts)
I'm responding to the message about Frank DVORAK and Josefina DVORAK. Our genealogy shows that Frank was not married, but that Josef (Joseph) DVORAK WAS married to a Josephina (Josephine) DVORAK, nee I don't know... We know that 2 of my dad's uncles were not married and only one was plus his father (DUH)....The uncles in case I didn't mention them before were Frank and Vandy (Not sure of where this name comes from) who both were NOT married according to our family genealogy records, and then Joseph DVORAK who WAS married to Josephine, and also WILLIAM DVORAK who was my grandfather.

Frank Dvorak (also: Steffel, Shubert, Gillies)

Edited: 29 Jul 2008 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Doubrava, Dvorak
John,

My great Aunt Josafina Doubrava married a Frank Dvorak, they lived in Stansbury, Wis. back in the 1920's - 1940's. He is currently buried in Sauk Centre, Minnesota.

Charles, USA

DVORAK and DVORAK

John Dvorak (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
I THINK I may have found my great grandfather's (From BOHEMIA) marriage date. BUT, there are several Mary DVORAK's listed on the same marriage information for pre 1907...but none of the dates match my great grandfather's marriage date. He was possibly married in Manitowoc County in Wisconsin in 1890, 4 years prior to the birth of my grandfather William J DVORAK. It mentions a name VENCESLAUS DVORAK which my dad does remember somehow as being the name of his grandfather rather than Vencl which I had been told by dad's Wisconsin cousin that that was his name. But I am willing to assume that Vencl may have been a nickname for Venceslaus.... I don't know if I'm going out on a limb here or not. But it sounds like it is a possible match for me. NOW to find out what part of Bohemia he came from....hmmmmm.....toughy! Wish I could have more help somehow. Just thought I'd let you know how I'm coming along on my BOHEMIA research

John

Dvorak's in Minnesota (also: KASPAR, HOLY, KUZEL, SCHLAMA)

Posted: 7 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2008 6:04PM GMT
There was a Dvorak family in Hopkins, MN. Please contact me and I will look up their names for you.

DVORAK and DVORAK

John DVORAK (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Kathy Hertzog.
Nope I do not think this is a connection. Joseph DVORAK married a Josephine DVORAK in my family and they had at least 3 children, Paul DVORAK, Robert DVORAK, and Kathryn or Katherine DVORAK. I am still searching. Thank you for your response. I have since learned that Vencl, Wenzl, Venceslaus Wenceslaus is the same name. That would be my great grandfather. If you can find a connection with this man then maybe we have something. His son William was my grandfather. My grandfather if you haven't read already, had 3 brothers, Frank, Joseph, and Vandy. Hope to keep in touch. Thanks

Dvorak surname

Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Dvorak, Danek
I have an ancestor Katherine Danek who married a Antone Dvorak in Caledonia, Wi. on May 22, 1876. According to the records Antone Dvorak was the son of Joseph and Catherine Dvorak. I know that Katherine and Antone moved on to Minnesota. Do you think that this could be a connection to your family?
I have seen a variation in the spelling of Dvorak and one is Dovraick -?????
Kathy

ANNA DVORAK-VACLAV HOLUB

Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2002 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: DVORAK, HOLUB, JIRUSKA

Trying to find out the names of my GG grandparents
names, both sets. Their daughter, Anna Drovak, married Vaclav Holub. I don't know if they were born in the USA, but their families came from LHOTKA, BOHEMIA. Anna and Vaclav settled in Kewaunee CO, WI. They had seven children: Jan, Anna, Matej, Wenzel, Mary, Joseph and Anton. Their children were born between 1848-1868. My great-grandfather was Joseph. He married Katie Mainz in Bessemer, MI in 1891. They had five children: Anthony, Marie, William, Ernest
and Jean. Anthony (1895) was my grandfather. He married Frances Jiruska in IL in 1919.

Re: ANNA DVORAK-VACLAV HOLUB

Posted: 17 Jul 2001 12:01PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2002 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: Holub, Jezek, Yezek
Looking for information about Mary Holub who m. Leopold F. Yessick (Yezek) 3-3-1886 in Manly IA. Leopold from Westpoli, Bohemia and Mary know to have been born in Bohemia.

Any help would be appreciated
Diane
ommpcs@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions