Search for content in message boards

stewarts of va, ga and tn

stewarts of va, ga and tn

kim daves (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2000 6:17PM GMT
Does anyone have any info on the Stewarts of Virginia, Georgia, and Tennessee. My line goes thur Joseph Stewart born in Virginia around 1790. I have him on a 1850 Gordon Co, GA census. I do not know who he married, only that he had a son named Newton who married Charlotta McSpadden.The McSpadden's also lived next door to the Stewart's in 1850 in Ga. Joseph's other children that are on the 1850 census are:Catherine, Isaac, Margaret, Thombrook, Matilea, John, and Susan.They were born in Tenn. Can someone please help me. They were said to have come from Scotland and had a plantation in Rome, Ga. Thanks for any info you might know.

stewart's in va

DEBBIE (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2000 9:38PM GMT
THERE'S A LOT OF STEWART'S IN HANOVER COUNTY
IN VIRGINIA. THE MAIN NAME IS CHARLES STEWART
AND IS A DECENDENT OF THE STEWART'S FROM SCOTLAND.

Charles Stewart in VA

Posted: 14 Mar 2000 1:26PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 8:07PM GMT
I am trying to find information on a James L. Stewart. His father was John Stewart and his father was Charles Stewart from VA. I am trying to find out if this James L. Stewart is my great-gandfather. I suspect it is him. My James L. was married to Josephine. He was born around 1841-1851 and they later moved to Milam County Texas. Do you have any information on the decendents of Charles that would help him tie to my James or eliminate him.

Stewarts in VA

Farrell Sanders (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2000 5:20PM GMT
I have a Joseph Stewart in my ancestory who was born in Washington County, VA somewhere between 1790 and 1810. He married Sarah Buchanan on November 19, 1830. Washington County is in the western part of VA near Tennessee. Joseph's father was William Stewart who come to the United States from Scotland in 1775 at the age of 25. I do not have children for Joseph or information on where he lived. I have quite a bit of history on William and brothers of Joseph.

Joseph Stewart of VA

Kim Daves (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2000 5:45PM GMT
Farrell, I got your message about Joseph it very well could be mine. My great uncle said the Stewart's come from Scotland in the late 1700's. As far back as I have is on the 1850 Gordon Co, GA census for Joseph that says he was born in VA. On the census Susan is listed under Joseph,but he is 60 and she is 40, then their is Catharine age 30. So Susan has to be a 2nd wife I think. Do you have any McSpadden's in your Stewart records? They were said to have come from Scotland with the Stewart's and my Joseph's son Newton married a McSpadden. Thanks for your help.

Stewart

Bob Simpkins (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 1:28PM GMT
I have a John Stewart b. TN
A Daughter, Hulda Hawkins Stewart married Thomas Penn of Georgia. She died in Lookout Mountain, TN. May be some connection. The Penn family was well situated.

Stewarts-Milam texas

Denise Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 10:37AM GMT
My family also settled in Milano,Milam Co. Texas. My Stewarts are William F - James A - Clint R. - Clyde M.-William H -John just to name a few. I would love to share if you can help me i will try to help you.
Thank you

Stewart's in Milam Co., TX

Posted: 22 Mar 2000 5:36PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 8:07PM GMT
Denise - I have found information on my greatfather and he does have a brother named William. My great-grandfather is James L. Stewart, born in April 1842 in MS. His siblings were: William born 1836; Joseph born 1838, and Artemis (female) born 1848. I found what appears to be this whole group, including their father John, in Milam Co. on the 1880 census. I don't know when they moved to Texas but my great-father joined the CSA, 5th Texas Infantry in 1861. James married Josephine Westbrook (also from MS). They had eight children. Their children were: Minnie, Erie, Almedia, Leonard L.(my grandfather),Alersay, Vivian, James, and Albert. Their father John had a sister named Mary Etta who married Jeremiah Nabours. They also moved to Texas.
Have you come across the named Layfayette in your search for Stewart's? I have seen it several times, and that is my grandfather's middle name (and his son's) and I am wondering if it is his father's (James L.) middle name also. Could be a family name.

My great-grandparents are buried at Pin Oak Cemetary in Milam County. There are quite a few Stewart's in that cemetary and in the Milano Cemetary.

Write me back at my address:
jallen5894@aol.com

Stewarts

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2000 1:38AM GMT
JOANN where is Milam co. at? What part of Texas? My GGrandfather Hyram Stewart was born in 1861 in Tennesee and moved to Texas , they landed in Cass co, @ Bryans Mill. I am searching for His family... strange thing he married a Louisa/Louisa Marsh , Just wondering if there could be any connection there,he had a son names William Brode and a daughter named Mary and a James along with other children.I wonder if this could be a brother or cousin of some sort of relation to your Stewart Clan... email me at search4myroots@aol.com

Milam Co

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 9:23PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:40AM GMT
Hi! I was running thru here (i am kin to Milams)and noticed that you said something about Milano Cemetary. Is that in Milam CO? I have a grandmother born possibly in Milano Co in Delano. Can you tell me if there is a Delano in Milam or Milano CO? Thanx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions