Search for content in message boards

White

Posted: 3 Feb 2012 9:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White Joseph White
Looking for any information on Standley Joseph White (B 1935), Father William Ernest Richard White 1902 to 1947, Mother Gladys Elizabeth Sambell 1905. The family in Williamstown, Melbourne.
Posted: 3 Feb 2012 10:45AM GMT
Hello,

I saw your query about Stanley Joseph WHITE,I am not related,but do look ups when health permits.

William Ernest Richard WHITE was buried at Williamstown cemetery on 26/11/1947.

Gladys must have re married,and died as Gladys Elizabeth HOWELL,registered at Footscray in 1974.

Liz.
Posted: 3 Feb 2012 11:15AM GMT
Hello again,

Gladys appears to be buried at Burwood cemetery in Melbourne.

Liz.
Posted: 4 Feb 2012 5:13AM GMT
Liz, the reason that I am looking for Stanley, is that Stanley is my wife father to his first wife and they have lost contact with each other over the year mainly due to my continuous moving with the defence force. I am also doing the White family Tree, so thank you for the information on Gladys I lost track of her after Stanley first married , this was due her remarrying. We also found William grave here in Bendigo and went and pay our respects.

If the family would like to contact us, they can email us on susan.greenwood1@bigpond.com

Thanks Liz for your assistance and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards Sue and Michael
Posted: 4 Feb 2012 5:17AM GMT
Sorry correction to my last it is Richard Cumming White buried in Bendigo, who is William father.

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: stanley white
thankyou for your help i am just trying to put all my family information for health reason .My name is susan thankyou

Re: White

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 8:26AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2012 8:54AM GMT
Hi Susan & Michael

Have you see his obituary at NLA Trove?

Williamstown Chronicle, Friday 5 December 1947
Mr. W. E. R. WHITE.
Mr. William Ernest R. White, of 11 White St., passed away on Nov. 24th, after an illness of a few weeks. He leaves a widow and two young children. The funeral took place on Nov. 26th, leaving Ernest W. Jackson & Son's chapel for interment in the local cemetery. Rev A. J. Henderson held a service in the chapel and officiated at the cemetery.

He was only 46. His parents were Richard Cummings WHITE (who you mention) & Nellie AUSTIN. Nellie died in Bendigo in 1921 aged only 42 (reg 4396), daughter of Thos AUSTIN. Unfortunately Richard's parents are not named on his death certificate. If you want to get further back Richard & Nellie's marriage certificate would be helpful (they married in 1900 in Victoria, reg 4886, Nellie shown as Ellen AUSTIN, b. Ballarat; Richard b. England). Of course, you may already know all this by now!

Wm's siblings (he was born 1902 Woodside):
Dorothy Lorna b. 1904 Woodside, m. ? LYNCH, d. 1980 aged 75
Marjorie Elizabeth East b. 1906 Woodside
Lyla Isabel b. 1910 Yarram

Most likely birth for Ellen is in 1878 to Thos AUSTIN & Mary ANN YOUNG in Meredith, Vic (reg 10455). Meredith is about halfway between Ballarat and Geelong. Thos & Mary Ann married in Vic in 1870 (reg 2131); let me know if you'd like more on them.

Re: White

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: White
As he was born 1935 have you considered searching the current electoral roll. An Australia wide electronic version of the electoral roll is available for viewing at every AEC Office. Google for further information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions